ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: FOREIGN FOOD - What do you like to eat?

My dish for today

Beef Kway Toew -  A Songapoerian/ Malay dish. 

It's made if thinly sliced beef, noodles( flat ) and fresh vegetables. 

YummyBeef Kway ToewBeef Kway Toew

Level 10

Kudos for fish and chips, @Prasanna-Aryaprema. We love to eat fish and chips at the beach, with chicken salt, vinegar and tomato sauce. It's one of our favourites too. Here is Gropers for you, an awesome local fish and chip shop. Kind regards from Osaka78 

@Prasanna-Aryaprema wrote:

Hi @ValeriaA_

I would Like to share a dish of English origin and very popular in Europe and Australia.

It's my all-time favorite when I am tired of trying something new.

Fish and Chip

Level 10

Yes, @ValeriaA_, sushi and mexican is a favourite here in Busselton, Western Australia, too. Kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (8).jpeg

Level 10

That dish looks really delicious @Prasanna-Aryaprema! Such a great mixture of flavors, I would love to try it 🙂

Prasanna-Aryaprema ha escrito:

My dish for today

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

I think sushi and mexican food have travelled all around the world @Osaka78forTRUMP haha, what do you think? I've seen it's very common in many places 🙂

Osaka78 ha escrito:

Yes, @ValeriaA_, sushi and mexican is a favourite here in Busselton, Western Australia, too. Kind regards from Osaka78 🙂

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (8).jpeg

Level 10

@Prasanna-Aryaprema That looks so good. I would love trying.

Prasanna-Aryaprema a écrit :

My dish for today

Level 8

You are so sweet @ValeriaA_ 😃 Any meal with you is my favourite.

Apart from Sushi and Tacos which I enjoy on a regular basis.

I would have to add a special dish my grandmother cooks once a year during the winter. It is called Bagna Cauda (pronunciation might be wrong) and I believe it is an Italian recipe. She makes it with a lot of garlic so a shower is recomended after eating it hahaha. It is served like a fondue where you just dip anything you like. Here is a photo I just looked up so you can have a look.  Maybe @ErmesT has some more knowledge than I do.

instead of mushrooms we go for something like sausages and potatoes.instead of mushrooms we go for something like sausages and potatoes.

Connect Moderator

Haha @santiagoirale

I don't have too much experience about BagnaCauda, that is a recipe coming from Piemonte, (north-west of Italy) made with oil, butter, anchovies and garlic, and served like a fondue.

Personally I prefer Pinzimonio, expecially in summertime

I agree, a shower is strongly recommend after a BagnaCauda (the name literally means: hot bath), together with a couple of coffee bean to chew for a minute

Ermes

Level 8

That Pinzimonio looks very good @ErmesT. I will sure ask my grandma if she knows how to prepare it. Thanks for your insight once again and hope to cross paths with you on our trip to Italy with @ValeriaA_

Level 10

Well @santiagoirale that dish looks really tasty. I would love to try it some time!

santiagoirale ha escrito:

You are so sweet @ValeriaAumasque 😃 Any meal with you is my favourite.

Apart from Sushi and Tacos which I enjoy on a regular basis.

I would have to add a special dish my grandmother cooks once a year during the winter. It is called Bagna Cauda (pronunciation might be wrong) and I believe it is an Italian recipe. She makes it with a lot of garlic so a shower is recomended after eating it hahaha. It is served like a fondue where you just dip anything you like. Here is a photo I just looked up so you can have a look.  Maybe @ermest has some more knowledge than I do.

instead of mushrooms we go for something like sausages and potatoes.instead of mushrooms we go for something like sausages and potatoes.