ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

FOREIGN FOOD - What do you like to eat?

Hi Local Guides from all around the world! I hope you are doing very well.

This time I would like to propose a fun activity: instead of sharing food from your country, please share food  that you eat and it's from another country.

Here in Argentina it's become very common to eat these foreign food, of course adapted to our culture. I would like to share two kinds of foods which are not from my country but I love eating!

1. SUSHI

The first photo is from a place called "Sushi & Friends", they like to create new variations  such as pieces with cheddar cheese and guacamole:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (3).jpeg

Then we have some pictures from a restaurant called "Fabric"; it's a sushi chain that's become very popular in Buenos Aires and nearby. The quality is really good!

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (2).jpeg    WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 21.03.27.jpeg

Last but not least, a place which is called "Futomaki" (if you check the location in Maps, almost every picture is mine, lol). Great quality as well, it's one of the first sushi restaurants from my city. Here are some pictures:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (1).jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43.jpeg

As you can see, we like raw salmon with philadelphia cheese a lot... I don't think those are original ingredients from real sushi, but it's a variation from every culture. For example when I went to Chile they didn't have sushi with cheese and I thought it was really weird, but it depends on every country's taste! My favorite sushi-eating experience is on a date with @santiagoirale 🙂

2. MEXICAN FOOD

Mexican food is for me more common to cook by myself. We love tacos, burritos, nachos, quesadillas... anyway I don't like spicy food so I never add anything spicy to it!

Here are some pictures:

This one is from a place called "Taco box", a popular mexican food chain:

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (8).jpeg

And here are some homemade tacos... Tasty!

These one made by myself :)These one made by myself 🙂

Nachos with sour cream are always a good choice 🙂

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-18 at 20.54.43 (6).jpeg

What about you? What foreign food do you like to eat? Share below, I wanna see pictures! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Buenos Aires, CABA, Argentina
187 comments
Level 10

Re: FOREIGN FOOD - What do you like to eat?

Would you like to participate in this post? You just have to tell me which foreign food you like to eat in your country 🙂 It's better if you add some pictures!

@KarenVChin @NunungAfuah @HelloSamsonR @Sagir @NatalkaR @ultra71 

Level 10

@FaridTDF @MaxWalsh qué tal ustedes? comparten los mismos gustos que yo? 🙂 los invito a participar!!

Level 8

Hi @ValeriaA_

I would Like to share a dish of English origin and very popular in Europe and Australia.

It's my all-time favorite when I am tired of trying something new.

Fish and Chip

IMG_3185.JPG

Level 10

@ValeriaA_, it looks good and it makes me hungry. 😉

I am from France and we love foreign food. Here are some homemade Makis!

Homemade MakisHomemade Makis

Level 10

Eating Banh Mi in the streets of Saigon Vietnam. Crispy fresh baguette, stuffed with pate, cured meats, vegetables and herbs, pickles, mayo and so much more..  Just amazing.. 

20170214_080732.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hola @ValeriaA_, que divertido es el post, me encanta,  este es uno de mis temas favoritos las fotos de comida y en particular las que me gustan a mí jejeje 😂😋

A mi el sushi, no me agrada mucho, es un tema con el pescado crudo 🍱, la comida mexicana si es más de mi agrado 🌮🥗.

Argentina por ser una tierra de inmigrantes preferentemente Italianis, Españoles y Árabes, muchas comidas consideradas extranjeras son en realidad muy autóctonas, estan muy asimiladas a la cultura Argentina, por supuesto existen otras corrientes migratorias, pero no sin tan importantes en la primera y segunda mitad del siglo XX.

Ahora con respecto a comidas extranjeras que como,  te puedo mencionar las que por mi familia me gustan mucho. Preferentemente la comida Árabe, como por ejemplo los kepe o Cupe crudo (carne cruda con trigo borgol + cebolla + pimiento y condimentos) o cocido que es el más conocido, en Buenos Aires existen varios restaurantes donde degustar estas comidas Árabes. Ahora te comparto algunas fotos de platos familiares.

Cupe crudo y cocidoCupe crudo y cocido

Otro de los platos que me gustan de la comida árabe es lo que llamamos zapallitos rellenos, estos son realizados con arroz + carne picada + tomate + pimentón y condimentos, en la comida Italiana estos sin realizados de otra manera con carne y queso.

Zapallitos rellenosZapallitos rellenos

Y por último una comida del norte Argentino, popular entre la cultura andina de Peru y Bolivia, que en época de choclos es muy popular en Salta y Jujuy las llamas "humitas" de chala, que es choclo lolido con un poco de manteca, leche y queso más condimentos, actualmente se está popularizando en Buenos Aires por la influencia de la inmigración Latinoaméricana.

Humitas de chalaHumitas de chala

@OSAMA, podría comentar un poco más de los dos primeros platos que menciono, entiendo que por medio Oriente al cuoe lo realizan con carne de cordero 🐑 a diferencia de aquí con carne de vaca 🐄.

Saludos Farid

Level 10

Ohh @Prasanna-Aryaprema, Fish and Chips is delicious! I've tried it when I travelled to England and I really liked it. It's really cool how you can eat it anywhere in England.

Thank you for sharing!

Prasanna-Aryaprema ha escrito:

Hi @ValeriaAumasque

I would Like to share a dish of English origin and very popular in Europe and Australia.

It's my all-time favorite when I am tired of trying something new.

Fish and Chip

IMG_3185.JPG

Level 10

Those makis look really good @Julien44! It seems like sushi has travelled all around the world 🙂 Have you made them yourself? I see you have used salmon and avocado, here it's popular to use those ingredients too. Do you ever add cheese to that kind of food?

Julienpaul44 ha escrito:

@ValeriaAumasque, it looks good and it makes me hungry. 😉

I am from France and we love foreign food. Here are some homemade Makis!

Homemade MakisHomemade Makis

Level 10

Hi @StephenAbraham, that looks very tasty! I'm sure the mixture of flavors make it an amazing dish to eat anytime. Thanks for sharing 🙂

StephenAbraham ha escrito:

Eating Banh Mi in the streets of Saigon Vietnam. Crispy fresh baguette, stuffed with pate, cured meats, vegetables and herbs, pickles, mayo and so much more..  Just amazing.. 

20170214_080732.jpg