indian-food-banner.jpg

banner3.jpg

indianfood.jpg

indian-food-banner.jpg

Love it

Former Google Contributor

Re: FOOD LOVERS CLUB 🍟πŸ₯™πŸŒ­πŸ•πŸ₯πŸ³πŸ‘πŸπŸ’πŸ¦πŸ§πŸ©πŸŽ‚πŸ‰

Hi @Manisa1 and welcome to Connect!

It looks like your post is originally from this site. Please give credits where credits are due or we will have to remove your post.

We always encourage community members to share original content. If you ever need ideas, feel free to take a look around the many different boards here on Connect and find out what others usually share. For tips and best practices on using this community, you can check out this post.

One last thing, I merged your post with the original Food Lovers Club thread, as this will help reduce clutter on Connect.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Re: Cuisines

Hi @RashmiM,

Wow, your photos made me very hungry, even though I just had lunch! 

Are these meals all home-cooked? I'm a patron of one of our local Indian restaurants, and I love ordering new dishes from their menu every time, but I've never tried to cook something myself.

By the way, I'll move your post to the Food Lovers Club topic, so don't have to post everything again there πŸ™‚

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Khmer Breakfast Egg Noodle with mixed pork

Khmer Breakfast Egg Noodle with mixed porkKhmer Breakfast Egg Noodle with mixed pork

Sophy
Level 9

When you are in love with your food

Spicy, food, rasgullaSpicy, food, rasgulla

Roti,breadRoti,bread

Level 10

Vive la Poutine; Canada’s national dish.

Canada thinks Poutine is its national dish.

IMG_20180718_184821888.jpg

La Poutine is the French-Canadian dish traditionally made of French fries and fresh cheese curds, covered with gravy, according to La Banquise in Montreal.

http://labanquise.com/en/poutine-history.php

IMG_20180718_183246710.jpg

Poutine is a great combination of ingredients that is locally and abundantly available in Canada.  It is also a common man’s food, fitting middle class budget. It is simple; like all of us in Canada. You can be your own master chef preparing Poutine at home.

IMG_20180718_190314293.jpg

We are great producers of Potatoes such as Prince Edward Island potatoes admired world over. They are promoted by our own Potatoes giants such as McCain and Simplot.  The other side of the dish; gravy and cheese curd are coming from Canadian beef industry.

IMG_20180718_183139889.jpg

Canada became 151 years old in this July 1st and Poutine is believed discovered in in 1950s.

In one argument poutine was born in rural Quebec in the 1950’s and in the other, in a restaurant formerly called Le Lutin qui rit in Warwick, in the Arthabaska region In 1957. The most current version of Poutine was established in Drummondville restaurant called Le Roy Jucep claiming that it is the inventor of poutine in 1964.IMG_20180718_183401531.jpg

Most interesting connection to Poutine was from the region of Nicolet where there were many cheese dairies producing cheddar cheese curds but did not have anywhere to sell it. The customers at that time would buy a cheese curd bag with French fries and self-serve mixing them with gravy.  

As Canadian it is, the name Poutine was derived from English word Pudding and French word for dishes made of potatoes; poutiness.

Our delicious national dish is conquering the world. Restaurant chains like Harvey’s, Dairy Queen and McDonald's have Poutine in their regular menu.

IMG_20180718_184806126.jpg

As French fries were re-named β€œfreedom Fries” after a few political battles between USA and France Americans stated calling the same dish in some restaurants of New York and New Jersey as Disco Fries.

Poutine is on the menu where ever Canadian roam in such places as Mexico, Panama,  Cuba, Costa Rica, France, Monaco, Berlin and the UK. It is reported that in Asia, English pub The Pub in Hanoi, Vietnam, Dave’s Oasis in Chengdu, MassΓ© Bistro in Shanghai, The Box, Grinders and American Steak & Egg in Beijing Poutine is offered in the menu. According to La Banquise β€œIn Hong Kong, poutine is available at Cul-de-sac as well as at the restaurant The Keg in Lan Kwai Fong. Several restaurants of Seoul and of South Korea serve poutine, in particular the Rocky Mountain Tavern and the New York Fries.” In Japan, poutine is served at The Maple Leaf bar in Tokyo under the name of "Putchin." In San Fransisco Poutine is described as the hottest thing to happen to fries in California since Carne Asada, the dish of grilled and sliced beef.

20140615_104016.jpg

Canadian dietitians hate them. According to McDonalds’ nutrition summary,  

https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/product/poutine.html

a portion of basic Poutine provides 510 (25% to 33% DV) kcal, 30 gram Fat (46% DV), 44 gram Carbohydrates (15% DV), 17 gram Protein 1010 milligram Sodium (42% DV). DV stands for daily values, the percentage available in this dish of daily recommended intake. 

IMG_20180718_183246710.jpg

It is an unhealthy dish indeed in current thinkings, loaded with fat, sodium and excessive amount of calories and very less or no complete protein and fibre.

http://labanquise.com/en/poutine-history.php

IMG_20180718_184759070.jpg

As multinational as Canada, poutine is now offered in global flavours such as Korean (Bulgogi),Indian  butter chicken (tomato and cream)  and French American Cajun and various others.

IMG_20180718_184754062.jpg

Google Moderator

Re: Khmer Breakfast Egg Noodle with mixed pork

Hi @ChiepSophy,

This meal looks so delicious! Is it home-cooked?

By the way, I'm moving your post to the Food Lovers Club thread, so that other foodies can enjoy it as well!

Google Moderator

Re: When you are in love with your food

Hi @prakashchawla,

What is this delicious-looking meal? Did you make it?

By the way, I'm moving your post to the Food Lovers Club thread, as it fits better there. πŸ™‚

Former Google Contributor

Re: Vive la Poutine; Canada’s national dish.

Apparently, Poutine is really a beloved dish in Canada. Thank you for sharing, @RohithaF.

I am going to move your post to FOOD LOVERS CLUB  where it will properly receive all the love and appreciation it deserves.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Vive la Poutine; Canada’s national dish.

Thanks a lot @IrrPavlova