HeyJoe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Explore Googleplex

Greetings fellow Local Guides, 

Last year I had a chance to visit GooglePlex as Local Guide Summit 2017 attendee. Honestly speaking GooglePlex (Silicon Valley) was one of my bucket list because I am a technology enthusiast and google products user. 

Facts about GooglePlex 

• The original complex, with 2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2) of office space, is the company's second largest square footage assemblage of Google buildings
  • Once the 1,100,000-square-foot (100,000 m2) Bay View addition went online in 2015, the Googleplex became the largest collection of Google buildings with 3,100,000 square feet (290,000 m2) of space
  • "Googleplex" is a portmanteau of Google and complex (meaning a complex of Buildings) and a reference to Googleplex.
  • The Googleplex was featured in the 2013 film The Internship

Ok back to my story personally (my perspective) I love taking pictures on less crowded areas or less that 3 people because it will bring much details / attention to the intended subject and mostly all my google maps contribution pics are on that format.

During the event we had some time explore Googleplex like i said the place is big so its your priority where you wanna go to see, take pics and explore. Once we arrived 1st stop was Android Lawn statues, within a minute it was very crowded, every one want to take pictures (with different poses), selfies, videos, waiting others to finish, jumping on other statue its was c r a z y. After seeing those excitements my mission was to move on to other Googleplex buildings and I did not take less than 5 minutes at the statues :D. 

I headed over other Googleplex buildings and I was happy and excited because I checked my bucket list, it was golden hour (my favorite photography shooting time) and the place was less crowded, I took a lot of time to shot with different compositions, and YES of course I uploaded on Google maps one of my pic got 24k views 🙂  and next I visited Google merchandise store and 

Below are the pictures, with identification of the buildings name in case i miscorrect please correct me (most google buildings are in numbers).

Thank you for your time. 

Note: These buildings are accessible (outside) for anyone who wishes to explore and look around.  

Googleplex cafeteriaGoogleplex cafeteriaBuilding # 40Building # 40Building # 43Building # 43

Mountain View, CA, USA
18 comments
Level 9

Re: Explore Googleplex

Amazing post and Photos @HeyJoe, waiting part 2 this year 🙂

Level 9

@OSAMA Thank you Bro. Just stay tuned. 

Level 10
Level 10

Really interesting post @HeyJoe

Thanks for sharing

Level 9

@TSS Thank you for reading 🙂

Level 10

Great pictures @HeyJoe! Please, post more photos this year! 🙂 If you will have the opportunity to visit the new complex, in Moffett park drive you will love too!

Level 8

This is inspiring. Thanks for sharing 

Level 9

@LucioV Thank you. Will take a note and add in my list. 

Level 8

Thanks @HeyJoe for sharing in details.

Cheers

Level 9

This is an amazing place, opportunity and your passion of writing about it. Thanks for sharing your post bro @HeyJoe