JuliaRoss's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Enlightened by Dallas Local Guides

I began this journey a couple of years ago.  In receipt of the email from Google, I was intrigued by the offer but had no idea what experiences I would encounter, as a Dallas Local Guide.  How has your Local Guides Community enlightened you?

Julia Ross Google Maps Photos ViewsJulia Ross Google Maps Photos Views

In 2016 I celebrated my 50th birthday surrounded by family and friends in New York. I met 75 people from 37 countries. I traveled to review and showcase top hotels, restaurants and destinations of cities visited by US Travelers. I also launched 3 companies, brought on new clients and partners.  I helped bury my father and reunited with family members who impacted my life. I gave back and helped others.  I failed, succeeded, and learned more than I ever have before - because of Local Guides.  

In 2015, my last child left for college.  We were proud parents, knowing our daughter would attend our Alma Mater - The University of Texas, where my husband and I met and our son had also graduated.  We still fought back tears on the drive back from Austin to Dallas.  What would I do with the extra time?  Google Local Guides was an answer to the question.  Although I own a business and keep busy, I tended to stay in my comfortable local area.  Local Guides gave me a reason to venture out and find beautiful locations within the city, new restaurants, and attend events.  At the time, I did not realize the program would bring me to 2017 New Year Resolutions.

I have met business owners, restaurant managers, museum curators, gallery owners and artists I would not have met otherwise.  September of 2016 I turned 50 years old and a week later was blessed with the invitation to meet other Local Guides from around the world.  This series of events has been life changing. 

How has the Local Guides experience changed your life? 

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Dallas, TX, United States
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Enlightened by Dallas Local Guides

Que lindo vídeo 👍@JuliaRoss, con una voz muy cálida, y una hermosa historia.

Saludos Farid

Level 8

Hii @JuliaRoss

Your Journey & Your video is soo Amazing

I am inspired from you, you also Attend LGSummit2017

Thanks for sharing this information about your Journey.

I am Following you in Google+.

Level 10

Thanks a lot for sharing your valued experience. I have been enlightened and enriched to go for miles in the field as local guide.

Level 8

Gracias por su respuesta.

@FaridM wrote:

Que lindo vídeo 👍@JuliaRoss, con una voz muy cálida, y una hermosa historia.

Saludos Farid

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Level 8

I appreciate your reply.  Thank you for your kind words.

@UmaShankarB wrote:

Hii @JuliaRoss

Your Journey & Your video is soo Amazing

I am inspired from you, you also Attend LGSummit2017

Thanks for sharing this information about your Journey.

I am Following you in Google+.

Level 8

Thank you - I am glad you found Local Guides and are enlightened by the experience.

@prasunkumarb wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing your valued experience. I have been enlightened and enriched to go for miles in the field as local guide.

Level 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a busy year of ups and downs. Sorry for your losses and congratulations on the positives.

Being a local guide has given me the opportunity to enjoy a hobby that combines a couple of my favorite things, discovering new places and maps. It's also let me meet some interesting people and learn about things I would have never learned otherwise.

It's nice to come across another local guide from the area.

Level 8

Thanks for sharing your journey. I just recently became a local guide and it has been so much fun. I had no idea that sharing pics and writing about my journey could benefit me in such a rewarding way with Google. I look forward to getting to your level soon and hopefully, meeting you at a meetup!

Teresa