FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Discover Pashupatinath Temple, Nepal

Pashupatinath TemplePashupatinath Temple

After discovering around Boudhanath Stupa, i continue my trip to Annapurna Base Camp. After the hiking trip end, i and two my friends continue explore city around Kathmandu.

Our third destination is Pasupatinath Temple. 

Pashupatinath, or Pashupati, is a Hindu temple on the banks of the Bagmati River in Deopatan, a village 3 km northwest of Kathmandu. It is dedicated to a manifestation of Shiva called Pashupati (Lord of Animals). It attracts thousands of pilgrims each year and has become well known far beyond the Kathmandu Valley. The temple is barred to non-Hindus, but a good view of the temple can be had from the opposite bank of the river.

Pashupati Temple stands in the center of the town of Deopatan, in the middle of an open courtyard. It is a square, two-tiered pagoda temple built on a single-tier plinth, and it stands 23.6 meters above the ground. Richly ornamented gilt and silver-plated doors are on all sides. On both sides of each door are niches of various sizes containing gold-painted images of guardian deities. Inside the temple itself is a narrow ambulatory around the sanctum. The sanctum contains a one-meter high linga with four faces (chaturmukha) representing Pashupati, as well as images of Vishnu, Surya, Devi and Ganesh.

Pashupatinath Temple Gate

Around Pashupatinath Temple

Around Pashupatinath TempleAround Pashupatinath Temple

Pashupatinath Temple, Pashupati Nath Road, Kathmandu, Nepal
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Discover Pashupatinath Temple, Nepal

@FahmiAdimaralast year i visited this place.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 9

@FahmiAdimara Thanks for visiting Nepal & for sharing the pictures.

Peace 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 9

@PavelSarwar Nepal for me is so beautiful 🙂

Level 9

Hi @MadanKPradhan

I promes to back visit nepal 😄

Level 5

Wow that is just super cool AhadinF...your photos are magical.My brother is visiting Thailand at present.It is wonderful to absorb these cultures.  

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 9

Hi @Zeds

Thailand so beautiful too. You and your brother should add Nepal to your Bucketlist 😄

Level 5

Hi AhadinF,

My brother just posted this photo on Facebook.He is in Thailand at present on vacation.

Cheers,

Zed star.

My brother in Thailand.My brother in Thailand.

Level 9

Hi @Zeds

After look this pic, i will try to visiting Thailand. Thanks for sharing 😄