FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Discover Dattatreya Square, Nepal

Dattatreya Square

Almost done mini walking around Bhaktapur Durbar Square, my team continue to Dattatreya Square. 

Part of the three ancient kingdoms of Kathmandu Valley, Bhaktapur is filled with monuments made from terracotta and carved wood columns along with palaces and temples decked with elaborate carvings, gilded roofs and open courtyards. The Dattatreya Square is one such courtyard. The seat of royalty until the 15th century or so, the area is home to a great number of historic monuments including maths (residential mansions), temples and a museum. Constructed by King Yaksha Malla in 1428, the three storey Dattatreya Temple is the main attraction of this square. Dedicated to the Dattatreya, a blending of the Hindu deities Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, the temple is the oldest shrine in Bhaktapur. Believed to be built out of a trunk of a single tree,the temple has a nine-step ladder that ascends to the main door flanked by figures of Bhima (a mythological character) with a huge mace sculpted in the Rajput style. Some argue that the two large figures are sculptures of Jaiput wrestlers called Jaimala and Pata. The uniqueness of the temple is in its artistic woodcarvings which are also famous for its relief panels of erotic decorations on the outer wall.

Around Dattatreya Square

Dattatreya SquareDattatreya Square

Bhaktapur, Central Development Region, Nepal
11 comments
Level 8

Re: Discover Dattatreya Square, Nepal

Thanks for Sharing your Pictures

It's Awesome Place

@FahmiAdimara

Level 9

@FahmiAdimara Thanks for visiting Nepal & for sharing the pictures.

Peace 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 9

Level 9

Hi @MadanKPradhan

Thank you, i will visit Nepal again next year 🙂

Level 6

Thank you very much for sharing about my home town.

Former Google Contributor

Great pictures @FahmiAdimara! They transport me to that place, so thank you for sharing!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

Hi @DipeshK Thank you, i'll back again this year 😄

Level 9

Hi @LuisRG you should add into your travel bucketlist 😄

Level 6

See you there again 🙂 hope we will meet.

@AhadinF wrote:

Hi @DipeshK Thank you, i'll back again this year 😄