cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Level 10

DINANT: Saxophone and Leffe beer city

Hi everybody:

Today I would like to share with you a pretty belgium city: Dinant.

Firts of all, this place has a museum of the inventor of saxophone...Adolphe Sax....here you can see him 🙂

You can find the museum in the following link:

Maison Adolphe Sax

but the most couious of the city is you could find a lot of sculture of saxophone painted according each country.

Here, there and every where

Here some photos about that:

Therefore It has a amazing landscape in the bridge:

And finally, you could have a visit to the abbey of Leffe was founded in 1152, and taste one of the best premium belgium beer. Have a look there:

Maison Leffe

I hope you enjoy with my information.

Cheers.

Dinant, Bélgica
22 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: DINANT: Saxophone and Leffe beer city

Very interesting @TSS, thanks for sharing.

Dinant looks like a city that must be visited.

So the sax comes from Belgium? I did not know that.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10
Level 10

Hi @GeorgesHR

First of all, It´s a honor for me your reply.

Secondly, It´s true, the saxophone was created in Belgium,...and you could see some different kind of saxophones in the museum....it´s really interesting for me....WOW!!!

It´s so cool walking around Dinant because you couldn´t imagine the number of saxo that you can find out in it.

In short, It´s an amazing city not only to discover the history about this kind of instrument, but also because the great beer it´s called Leffe.

If you need further information about Dinant, please don´t hesitate to tag me.

All the best and thanks for reading my post.

Cheers

P.S. Forgive my English

Level 10
Level 10

I suppose perhaps It like it

@Venance @James8Arthur @TorM @Badruddeen @Haseeb @DshottDennis @KlaudiyaG @Christina-NYC @NadyaPN
@LucioV 

It's a curious place to have a meet-up. Don´t you?

Great post! @TSS, I really like Leffe beer, it's actually among my favorites. Thanks for sharing about this city, I learned a lot of new things. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Great post @TSS

It's a real discovery my friend.

Thanks for sharing with us

Level 8

Hi @TSS

Thank you for sharing. I love Belgium and I have visited Belgium once from Amsterdam.  

Cheers

Level 10

@GeorgesHR wrote:

Very interesting @TSS, thanks for sharing.

Dinant looks like a city that must be visited.

So the sax comes from Belgium? I did not know that.

Great surprise for me too! 🙂

Thanks for sharing this story @TSS!

Level 10
Level 10

It´s a really pleasure to share this info with you @LucioV@Badruddeen@Venance@NadyaPN

As soon as possible, I hope to share more interesting post like that.

Cheers

Hey @TSS,

Brilliant post and very educational!

I've been in love with jazz for as long as I can remember and as you probably know the saxophone play a major role in this genre of music. Because of this fact I always thought that it was developed in America.

This is why I appreciate Connect and it's community that much. Everyday you'll learn something new and interesting.

So thank you for enriching my common supervisory culture. 🙂

P.S.: One last thing, the pictures are very beautiful. I'll also tag here one of the newest community moderators @JavieraAu that also loves jazz and will certainly find your post very entertaining.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!