Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Cradle of Avaition Museum

Screenshot_20170517-225052.jpg

Screenshot_20170517-225116.jpg

Screenshot_20170517-225153.jpg

The last Actual Apollo 18, shown above....funding cut before it could launch.

Never knew how the sound studio in bethpage, long island, ny, Grumman Studios, (where Peter Pan live and the wiz live were shot and many movies like spiderman) is the same place where Apollo 18 was constructed

Cradle of Aviation Museum, Charles Lindbergh Boulevard, Garden City, NY, United States
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Cradle of Avaition Museum

Awesome, Nice clicked @DiAnaUS

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Connect Moderator

Really? @DiAnaUS. I supposed it was built in Cap Canaveral, near the VAB, but probably it was only assembled in there. Have you visited the Warner Robins museum of aviation? It is on 75, near Macon (GA). I know that for you is a big deviation (from 95, I mean) but it is really nice, if you like this kind of museum. I will try to scan an share some pre-digital picture later

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Thank you @ShafiulB @RashidJorvee 🙂

@ErmesT this was the last appollo built, it was never finished, funding was cut in the middle of building, so it was never launched. There's very little history on because it was never finished. It is mostly known to be a myth when researched. 

I might have to make a stop at the Warner Robinson Avaition Museum during my road trip 🙂 thank you for the suggestion!

Connect Moderator

Oops @DiAnaUS, you are right.

When I think of mission Apollo my mind have an automatic jump in:

• Apollo 11. You wasn't born, but I was 9 years old, an I spent all night watching the TV, to see the first man on the moon
  • Cape Canaveral. The following photos are of course from the Pre-digital Era. We took that in July 1996, just a few days before Hurricane Bertha (and before the Olympics in GA)

Cape Canaveral - Mission Apollo - Scan from a Pre-digital photo - Local Guide @ermestCape Canaveral - Mission Apollo - Scan from a Pre-digital photo - Local Guide @ermest

So, if you plan to drive on 75, of course Warner Robins Museum of Aviation is a Must. OMG, we where so young 🙂

Antonella @ Museum of AviationAntonella @ Museum of Aviation

Then, my suggestion is for an unknow (in 1996) place: the Ocmulgee National Monument. minutes to 75, is a nice place to visit

Ocmulgee National MonumentOcmulgee National Monument

Than, if you have more time, before Atlanta you can have a stop for the Fried Green Tomatoes at the Wistle Stop Cafè (the original one)

Wistle Stop cafèWistle Stop cafè

Hope you will have a fun

Level 7

رد: Cradle of Avaition Museum

صور جميله جدا ورائعه

Level 10

Level 8

Wow looks like cool places to visit! I will definitely take those into consideration during my road trip @ErmesT Thank you so much!

@LucioV I go to museums every month, my town gives out free passes. I'm planning to go to another aviation museum next week, it's mostly american war machines and airplanes! Stay tune 🙂