SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Checking Accessibility of "Wheelchair" from Bangladesh

Checking Accessibility of "Wheelchair" from Bangladesh

Well, Bangladesh is a developing country and day by day our facilities are being improved. Our social life is also developing parallel.

There is a large number of people are moving and doing their daily job in a wheelchair around the globe. This number is not less in our country. Wheelchair accessibility in a public place not so much old trend in Bangladesh. People are now thinking about those who are physically challenged but want to contribute to our economy. And these persons are doing really good.

For last week we communicate with several local guides around the country. and asked them to move around and find whether there is any accessibility of a wheelchair in public place or not. And we got some great response from them. Some are very enthusiastic Local Guides who move on a very hot day to check the features and answering the questions of the particular place.

We got some photography from Local Guides in Bangladesh. Here I am sharing some of them. We had an experience that there are many places we found the availability of wheelchair accessibility. Banks, Schools, Markets, super shops and many more place.

I found this restaurent entry that have stares and the path that can be used for wheelchair  access. Restaurant Jonyes Rocket.I found this restaurent entry that have stares and the path that can be used for wheelchair access. Restaurant Jonyes Rocket.

This is an privet bank which has a wheelchair accessible entry. they also use this way for there accessible parking. And there is a lift on a same level with no steps to enter. Bank Name: AB BankThis is an privet bank which has a wheelchair accessible entry. they also use this way for there accessible parking. And there is a lift on a same level with no steps to enter. Bank Name: AB BankThis is an privet bank which has a wheelchair accessible entry. they also use this way for there accessible parking. And there is a lift on a same level with no steps to enter. Bank Name United Comercial Bank.This is an privet bank which has a wheelchair accessible entry. they also use this way for there accessible parking. And there is a lift on a same level with no steps to enter. Bank Name United Comercial Bank.

Not accessible for wheelchair. 😞

This entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them.This entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them.This entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them.  Photo from a DhakaThis entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them. Photo from a DhakaThis entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them.  Photo from  RajshahiThis entry is not accessible who are on wheelchair. Very uncomfortable fro them. Photo from Rajshahi

One of the Local Guides got this photo from Kamlapur Railway Station. There are an entry and two wheelchairs reserved for physical challenges and old.

Photo from Railway StationPhoto from Railway Station

Our Local Guide Sourav Biswas done a great job. He was moving a very hot day from for accessibility checking.

Local Guides asking a watchman for, is there any more entry or not.Local Guides asking a watchman for, is there any more entry or not.

Besides this all, we all answered lots of questions which was appeared on our screen. Just took a screenshot and shared.

I personally love to answer questions on Google Map. I think these options are really making the map more competent tools for our daily life.

Lots of question answeringLots of question answering

We are very great full to them who shared all this photo to us to share. Want to mention some of them.

Sourav, Sanmoon, Kanta, Roman, Leon, Mahabub and I did a great job. 🙂

@TraciC @HelloJess @YanniY @BellaWi Hope you will like this photos. And want to mention that here our Local Guides are really doing great. We really love to do the guiding. 

Thank You very much.

Sajol Kumar Das

From Bangladesh 🙂

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
26 comments
Level 10

Re: Checking Accessibility of "Wheelchair" from Bangladesh

Great work @SajolKDas thats what local guides means, DEDICATION 

keep inspiring. 

Thanks 

Level 8

@AkmalB thanks for your comment. I am just a part of this. All credit goes to them who really worked hard for this.

Human for Humanity.

Happy guiding. 🙂

Level 10

@SajolKDas thanks a lot sajal . i am now a little bit busy and sick i post my mobile photos also soon , Hope LG team like this 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Very good work bro @SajolKDas keep it up bro , Bangladesh have a wonderful local Guides team proud of you all :-))))

Level 8

ow! @SajolKDas Really great job! thanks man for sharing, got an idea 🙂 

ভাল লাগছে ভায়া 😄 😄 ❤️ ❤️ 

Connect Moderator

@SajolKDas, wonderful meetup recap!  Glad to see some businesses have easy disability access.  But sad to know that many businesses, such as the multinational  Standard Charter Bank does not have access. = (

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thank you, brother @OSAMA.

Yes, Bangladeshi Local Guides are really doing great. Sometimes I am also very surprised to see their dedications.

Level 8

@anazizullah brother with all of you there is nothing.

Stay connected brother. All together can change the world.

Level 8

@KarenVChin Thanks for your comment. 

Really got some different experience when we were on the road to check accessibility. I don't want to mention the name of those company who are not conscious about the physically challenged persons. This is very heartbreaking. But we are really happy that we got any places where a wheelchair can go easily. 🙂