lalitmarodiya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Chand Baori Abhaneri Jaipur – World’s deepest Stepwell

Chand Baori

Chand Baori is a stepwell in the Abhaneri village near Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is one of the largest step wells in the world. It was built to solve the water problem of this arid region by storing water and keep it cool. At the bottom of the well, the air remains 5-6 degrees cooler than at the surface.

Chand Baori Stepwell was built by King Chanda in 9th Century AD. It was also a community gathering place for the locals and Royals during periods of intense heat. One side of the well has a pavilion and resting room for the royals.chand baori

Chand Baori is an architectural wonder with 3500 perfectly symmetrical and narrow steps with over 13 stories. It is one of the India’s hidden wonders. The play of shadow and light on the steps is what makes the structure look captivating. The Baori narrows as it gets closer to the bottom. The baori has a precise geometrical pattern, hard to find in this age.
The beautiful stepwell extends approximately 30 m (100 ft) into the ground making it the world’s deepest and largest stepwell.

Harshat Mata Temple, Abhaneri

.harshat mata templeAdjoining the Chand Baori is the Harshat Mata Temple which was built is 9th-10th century and is dedicated to Harshat Mata, who is considered to be the godness of happiness and joy for the whole village of Abhaneri and is supposed to protect the crucial water source.

harshat mata temple

How to Reach Chand Baori Abhaneri Rajasthan?

Jaipur international airport to Chand Baori Abhaneri is about 95 kms via Dausa (Jaipur-Agra Road)

New Delhi Indra gandhi international airport to Chand Baori Abhaneri is about 250 kms via Alwar

chand baori rajasthanChand baori JaipurChand baori

Chand Bawri, Step Well, Abhaneri, Rajasthan 303326, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Chand Baori Abhaneri Jaipur – World’s deepest Stepwell

Hi @lalitmarodiya,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful place. I just want to let you know that if any of the content is not originally created by you, please share its source. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @lalitmarodiya,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful place. I just want to let you know that if any of the content is not originally created by you, please share its source. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

yes you are @NadyaPN right i need to mention the source but i am visited this place several time since my childhood and i just trying to write something because i never write .

Level 6

I'm visiting this stepwell on my next trip to India @lalitmarodiya. I have been wanting to see it for quite some time 🙂

Level 9

hi @James8Arthur warm welcome of you its so nice place to see the architectural development in ancient India.