ArielleM_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Branch Brook Park, closing the divide.

Newark is known for many things, but, at the heart of this great city is Branch Brook Park. I actually live alongside the park and it's been one of the greatest pleasures over the last few years. Being able to peek outside my window and be amongst the trees (and sometimes deer) is something I'll treasure for a long time to come.

Made up of 5 wards and 25 sections, Newark is home to one of the most beautiful and prolific parks to grace New Jersey. There are odes to favorites such as the Branch Brook Roller Skating Center and areas for competitive sports for people of all ages. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the seasonal Cherry Blossom festival and yearly July 4th celebrations and fireworks. Note: don't try driving through the park during these events, you'll be stuck for hours! Still, the park is always a Light Rail stop away and unifies the city at every turn - it even bridges the gap between Newark and Belleville, making its impact even more great.

The activities are endless and all housed within this one vicinity. There are multiple ponds for fishing, tracks for running, calisthenic stations and endless opportunities for community engagement, including the annual West Indian festival. Last but certainly not least, I must mention the famous Althea Gibson Tennis Courts which remains accessible to the public and hosts numerous tournaments throughout the year.

Source: Wikipedia

My Shiba Inu, Ryu posing with the cherry blossoms along the tennis courts in Branch Brook Park.My Shiba Inu, Ryu posing with the cherry blossoms along the tennis courts in Branch Brook Park.

Branch Brook Park, Lake Street, Newark, NJ, USA
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Branch Brook Park, closing the divide.

Nice post @ArielleM_

Thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Your writing skills are good @ArielleM_ I'm impressed, you have defined it so well.

Tq 🙂 

Level 8

Great post.. @ArielleM_@ explained beautifully and Photo was good. The cherry blossom, I like that.

Hey @ArielleM_,

Thanks for sharing this with us! The park looks lovely. By the way, you have a magnificent doggo! 😍

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @NadyaPN,

Thanks so much! I'm glad to share. 

P.S., he's the best pup in the world :).

Level 10

Thanks @Venance :). Appreciate it.