Myrathor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bozkov dolomite caves

The Bozkov Dolomite Caves are situated on the northern slope of the Bozkov village in the hilly landscape of the Krkonoše foothills. The entrance into the underground space was discovered by dolomite miners in the 1940s, but only in 1957 the underground system of fissure corridors, partly filled with water, was discovered. The Bozkov dolomite caves is a labyrinth of underground corridors and cavities situated not very deep under the surface. The typical and unique decorations of the accessible caves consist in quartz ledges and listels in walls and ceilings. Some of the hollows are even filled with stalactites and stalagmites, including interesting small eccentric stalactites and stalagmites, in addition to the traditional calcite decoration. Attractive items of the sighseeing route also include underground lakes with crystal-clear blue-greenish water. The Bozkov dolomite caves is the only cave system in North Bohemia accessible to the public. The caves and their surroundings is a protected area conditioned by the nature and landscape protection law.

bo01.jpgbo02.jpgbo03.jpgbo04.jpgUnderground lakeUnderground lakebo06.jpg

Bozkovské dolomitové jeskyně, Bozkov, Česko
9 comments
Level 6

Re: Bozkov dolomite caves

Molto bello e interessante questo post @Myrathor

Grazie per averlo condiviso con noi.

Connect Moderator

Me encanto tu excursión @Myrathor, es como viajando al centro de la tierra.👍😁

Level 8

It's always amazing to discover a few of the secrets that a cave can hide. Thanks for sharing your experience with us

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

Virtual tour

In the right corner to switch to the English language

http://www.virtualtravel.cz/bozkov/bozkovske-dolomitove-jeskyne.html

Former Google Contributor

@Myrathor Wow, very cool. You are brave to go spelunking in those caves. I always feel very claustrophobic in tight spaces. 

Connect Moderator

Wow, @Myrathor, very nice post. Very beautiful place, It remember me of the salt mines I was visiting in krakow.

Thanks 

Level 8

@Corrie In places it's really cramped, but at the end of an underground lake area is very large. View of the illuminated underground lake is worth it.

Connect Moderator

Level 8

I'm glad you like my photos liked. Thank you very much.