philip102's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Boracay Island Rehabilitation

For avid travellers, the news about Boracay Island Closure for 6 months that started in April 2018 has been known. It was an effort of the government to clean up and bring back the beauty of the Island.  It was recently declared as an agrarian reform area, that will be distributed to the local owners (particularly IPs) and limit construction of more facilities that can destroy the natural beauty of the Island. Kudos to the Government of the Philippines for ensuring a travel-worthy experience to the one of the most beautiful beach Island in the world. If all things get right, it will finally resume and open to the public in October 2018, with travel conditionalities that remain to be known to us.  

I have been to Boracay many times, being a Filipino. And I was always in awe everytime I visit the place, despite the footprints damage of the beach. It was understandable because of the number of tourists coming in and out of the place. But the responsibility for maintaining the natural beauty of the Island lies to all of us. If we want the future generations to experience the same awe, we have to protect its natural state.  And it is not too late, with this recent rehabilitation, I am sure that we have now learned our lesson. However, all the controls should still be in place. And, yes, the one managing it should put all the necessary procedures and controls to protect the place.  

For your appreciation,  here are some of the photos of Boracay Island in 1999, I was still very young then.  And I was so lucky to experience this. 

Boracay Island with Coconut Trees as BackrdropBoracay Island with Coconut Trees as BackrdropRiding a Banana BoatRiding a Banana BoatPristine water with Happy FacesPristine water with Happy Faces

After 10 years, in 2009, here's Boracay Island. Still beautiful. I was still in awe. And still very lucky to experience this.

The Shore of Boracay  Island with Coconut TreesThe Shore of Boracay Island with Coconut TreesThe Shore of Boracay Island with Beautiful SunsetThe Shore of Boracay Island with Beautiful Sunset

And these are the recent (July 2018) photos of Boracay Island. It has restored back to its natural state of beauty. 

Boracay Island Now:  Wow, Beyond Compare!Boracay Island Now: Wow, Beyond Compare!Boracay Island Now: Fine, Pulverized Sand!Boracay Island Now: Fine, Pulverized Sand!

In the photos above, you can surely say #itismorefuninthephilippines, #amazingphilippines, #wowphilippines. Come and visit us!  

Philip Alvarez
Boracay, Malay, Philippines
6 comments
Level 8

Re: Boracay Island Rehabilitation

Wow, that's a beautiful place. I would like to go to philiPhilip for my next trip. I will definitely want to see this now 😛

Level 9

@Picwik let me know when will you be visiting us! can be your local guide here 🙂 

Philip Alvarez
Level 10
Level 10

Really nice Beach!! 

Thanks for sharing @philip102

Level 9

@TSS, my pleasure! we are 7,107 islands! tropical country! facing strong waves and winds of the east pacific ocean's typhoons!

Philip Alvarez
Level 10
Level 10

I wish someday I can discover this place.

all the best @philip102

Level 9

@TSS, I hope that someday will be very soon 🙂 will wait for you. 

Philip Alvarez