DoriyaKiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bomun Lake [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 5]

Hi local guides, how are you doing? As a continuation of my Gyeongju series, I would like to share my experience with Bomun Lake in this post!

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-07 at 15.18.56.jpeg

Intro: Bomun Lake is one of the most popular attractions in Gyeongju. Surrounded by hotels and resorts, Bomun Lake is known for its beautiful scenery. If you come during the spring season, you will be greeted with beautiful sights of cherry blossom doting the lake. Romantic and breathtaking. Just google Bomun Lake and you can see it for yourself. However, that is just for spring, which brings me to the next point of my review.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-07 at 15.18.56 (1).jpeg

Review: We visited Bomun Lake in the summer and to our disappointment, it was nothing like what is pictured online. Part of the lake was dried up and gave way to vegetation, and it felt no different from any other parks with a lake. I guess this is because we did not do sufficient research online, without realizing that summer is definitely the period to avoid if you plan to visit the lake. The place was just quiet during our visit.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-07 at 15.18.56 (2).jpeg

Not that I am complaining, but it's always good to be sufficiently informed before a visit. Still, we did manage to catch the sunset over the lake, and the walk around it was calming due to the lack of people. But we guessed the place would have been a lot prettier during other seasons except summer.

Korea
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Bomun Lake [Gyeongju's Sight and Sounds, Part 5]

Hey @DoriyaKiz

Thank you for an other piece of puzzle of your amazing travel shared with us. I went to check some images of Bomun lake during Spring time and I agree with you that the sensation that it gives is magic and very spiritual. 

How do you move across the lake? Are there any bike path, boats or interesting path to do just by foot?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks for the comment @Sorbe. There's a path around the lake which makes it very relaxing for a walk 🙂

Level 7

Great content, thanks for sharing. My Name is Dinda,  i'm from Indonesia.