BridgetD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Best breakfasts in the world! What is the most iconic breakfast in your country?

Hello and Kia ora from New Zealand and Australia! 

Local guides I need your help! I am writing a cookbook on 50 of the most iconic breakfasts from all around the world and I want to highlight some of the countries that are represented here on local guides. I was lucky enough to attend the recent Local guides summit in SF and the wonderful people that I met during the summit has encouraged me to crowd source the ideas for my next book! 

I would love and appreciate hearing from you and your country and what is the BEST BREAKFAST from your part of the world. Any ideas are welcome and recipes are not necessary!

Please feel free to jump on this thread and tell us about your cuisine, and if you have photos, even better! 

I will start it off with the famous Australian Vegemite Breakfast toast spread ( PS: this will not be included in the book!) 🙂 

22 comments
Level 10

Re: Best breakfasts in the world! What is the most iconic breakfast in your country?

Hi @BridgetD

As I am living in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, here's is two types of famous breakfast. 

1.NASI LAMAK  (rich rice)

2.ROTI CANAI  (bread with oil or butter cooked)with MILK TEA.

Just wanted to ask you are looking for full recipes with photos or thats enough? 

Thanks 

Level 8

Re: Best breakfasts in the world! What is the most iconic breakfast in your country?

This perfect Akmal! Thank  you so much. I am looking for ideas on what everyone eats for breakfast around the world so this is more than enough! 

Thanks again!

Bridge. 

Former Google Contributor

Check out the typical kaya toast (usually served with soft boiled egg and coffee)! Kaya is coconut jam (aka coconut milk, eggs and sugar). The bread is usually sliced into thin slices, spread with kaya and a slab of butter. Ah I crave for it all. the. time! 

P.S. I searched the community with "breakfast" and I see that many Local Guides have shared their local breakfasts! Some really exotic ones! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @BridgetD

The most typical Italian breakfast is  cornetto and cappuccino 😄 I used to eat this delicious food on my way to work every morning...in the past ;). 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

SENSATIONAL! Thank you for sharing 🙂

Level 5

I mostrar typical peruvian breakfast is "Chicharrón". It's meat pig. With coffee.😋

Level 2

Egg + Paratha + Butter + Lassi

Level 8

Crispy pig for breakfast!!!

WOW!

Level 8

LASSI!!!!! Yum 🙂 and thank you!!!