MahmudPolash's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Beautiful flower from my country Bangladesh

A Frangipani(locally known as কাঠ গোলাপ or Kathgolap) is a beautiful tropical plant that is also known as a Plumeria. Plumerias are easy to care for and maintain. They are a beautiful addition to any tropical backyard garden.
The name, frangipani, comes from the Italian nobleman, Marquis Frangipani, who created a perfume used to scent gloves in the 16th century. When the frangipani flower was discovered its natural perfume reminded people of the scented gloves, and so the flower was called frangipani.30741653_10155967800082771_2704141388433326080_n.jpg30742761_10155967800302771_3494301683113000960_n.jpg
We also share some myths and legends about frangipanis from around the world.
During the winter months, most plumerias tend to rest and lose all their leaves. They definitely are not at their prettiest during this stage
From an Italian noble family, a sixteenth-century marquess who invented a plumeria-scented perfume.
Plumeria can be divided into two main groups, Obtusa plumerias have rounded shiny leaves while the rubra have duller pointed leaves. The Obtusa frangipani generally has white flowers and a strong fragrance while the rubra has colorful flowers but less scent.
We all at Bangladesh generally place it as a common flower at our garden at rooftop or balcony.

10 comments
Level 10

Beautiful Flowers of Bangladesh: White Water Lily

White water Lily or Sada Shapla is the national flower of Bangladesh Water lily is commonly known as Shapla in Bangladesh. It’s a aquatic flower that grows all over Bangladesh. In Bangladesh there have so many ponds, bils, haors, lakes everywhere in the country. And Shapla or water lily is the common flower in these water bodies. They are tuberous and are rooted in soil in bodies of water, with leaves and flowers floating on the water surface. This water lily belongs to the Nymphaeaceae family. This family contains 8 genera. 

Sada Shapla-28.pngSada Shapla-20.pngThere are about 70 species of water lilies around the world. ‘White' is the symbol of ‘purity'. Bangladesh is a land of rivers and ‘Shapla' grows in winter. So the ‘ Shapla' which is designed to be the national flower of our country has found its rightful position. Water Lily flowers are wonderfully showy and fragrant, lasting only a few days The Water Lily's leaves shade the water keeping it cool and thus allowing for more dissolved oxygen.

Water lily symbol at DhakaWater lily symbol at Dhaka1442243078.jpgThe plant also provides hiding places for small aquatic creatures, which in turn attract predators. American Indians used the plant to treat many ailments. It is also a widely consumed vegetable in rural Bangladesh and has certain medicinal values. At the heart of Motijheel near the center of Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh has a huge sculpture of a white water lily or Sada Shapla. Source: en.wikipedia.org; banglapedia.org;

Level 6

Re: Beautiful Flowers of Bangladesh: White Water Lily

nice story 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @MahmudPolash,

That's an awesome post! I love water lilies. I didn't know that it's the national flower of Bangladesh.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thanks @NadyaPN The origin of White Water lilly is Bangladesh, then we the only nation we gave it as a honor of 'National Flower'
Level 10

Level 9

Bls: Beautiful Flowers of Bangladesh: White Water Lily

Nice article and photo @MahmudPolash

Connect Moderator

Re: Beautiful flower from my country Bangladesh

Hi @MahmudPolash, beautiful and interesting at the same time.

I love flowers, and I love to share flower photos with others.

My only suggestion, to give continuity to a subject, and to mantain the board readable, is to share similar contents, related to the same topic, in one single thread.

For this specific reason, I am merging your posts related to "Beautiful flower from my country Bangladesh" in this thread.

Congratulations for the interesting subject

Ermes

Level 3

Re: Beautiful flower from my country Bangladesh

wonderful  topics @MahmudPolash

nice flowers . congratulation from rangpur local guide https://plus.google.com/communities/110454154395679201939

Level 8

Hi @MahmudPolash

Very nice. I like the lily more than the frangipani. 

Thanks for sharing.