Mozammal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Beautiful Sitakund Mountain

Lovely view where eye gone..............

21687683_2045019582190367_283482455908144987_n.jpg21752039_2045019605523698_6341853487164953949_n.jpg21752250_2045019632190362_3454109416593657908_n.jpg

Sitakund Upazila, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
18 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Beautiful Sitakund Mountain

Hi @Mozammal, nice photos! You took them all? I like the framing a lot. You need to add some description to it too when you post such photos, so that others get to know about the place. 

Sitakunda, or Sitakund, is one of the oldest sites of human habitation in Bangladesh. During much of its history, it was ruled alternatively by various Buddhist rulers of Myanmar in the east and Muslims rulers of Bengal in the west. (Source: Wikipedia) 

In the last picture, you can see a small temple showing on top of the hill. That's called Chandranath Temple. This is one of the pilgrim places for the Hindu followers. This is supposedly an 800 years old temple. Every year a lot of Hindu followers come to visit this place.

Not just for the religious shrines, Sitakunda is also famous for its natural beauty. A lot of small and large waterfalls, the mountains, the greens and small rivers make this place one of the best scenic places in Bangladesh. 

If you are a nature lover and have the crave for a little adventure and hike, you should make plans for a visit here. All the major transport services that run between Dhaka and Chittagong, go through Sitakunda. Just get down there on your way. There are a lot of short and long trails for trekkers. Some are difficult whereas some are moderate. It is highly recommended that you take a local along with to go for a trek there. To know more about Sitakunda you can check wikipedia

@ErmesT, hope it helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 6

Level 9

Very beautiful places between earth & sky 🙂

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 8

Level 6

your r most welcome this place @BoyScout

Level 6

Level 10

Wow!!! amazing pics @Mozammal.

Place looks totally awesome. Please share if you have any 360°photos.

Connect Moderator

Wow @Mozammal

Indeed an amazing place! Can you share with us some more information about it?

I really like the green and the power of the nature. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Ermes 

P. S. : you have probably touched by mistake the "best solution " button, so, as there are no solutions, I have removed it. In the future you can do it by yourself just choosing "not a solution" from the post menu. 

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Mozammal, nice photos! You took them all? I like the framing a lot. You need to add some description to it too when you post such photos, so that others get to know about the place. 

Sitakunda, or Sitakund, is one of the oldest sites of human habitation in Bangladesh. During much of its history, it was ruled alternatively by various Buddhist rulers of Myanmar in the east and Muslims rulers of Bengal in the west. (Source: Wikipedia) 

In the last picture, you can see a small temple showing on top of the hill. That's called Chandranath Temple. This is one of the pilgrim places for the Hindu followers. This is supposedly an 800 years old temple. Every year a lot of Hindu followers come to visit this place.

Not just for the religious shrines, Sitakunda is also famous for its natural beauty. A lot of small and large waterfalls, the mountains, the greens and small rivers make this place one of the best scenic places in Bangladesh. 

If you are a nature lover and have the crave for a little adventure and hike, you should make plans for a visit here. All the major transport services that run between Dhaka and Chittagong, go through Sitakunda. Just get down there on your way. There are a lot of short and long trails for trekkers. Some are difficult whereas some are moderate. It is highly recommended that you take a local along with to go for a trek there. To know more about Sitakunda you can check wikipedia

@ErmesT, hope it helps. 🙂

Level 6

@ErmesT, accept solution is click mistake ,thank u for ur kind help as well as information..u follow @SoniaK post for information, if u need more information please knock me.