JustinDonnelly's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Beautiful Jogja and it's UNESCO sites

Prambanan TemplePrambanan TempleAfter a sensational couple of weeks exploring several regions of Indonesia, it's pretty safe for me to say Yogyakarta is number one on my list. I could list so many things that are fantastic about the city from the friendly locals, amazing food, traditional Javanese dishes (gudeg is now one of my favourite foods) and most of all is the beautiful UNESCO areas within the special province. I was fortunate enough to go to both Borobudur and Prambanan temples. Although I will only show a couple photos from Prambanan on this post. If you are planning on visiting either of these sites be prepared to pay a much much higher admission due to being an 'international visitor'. Also there are very few travelers/westerners visiting these sites, so when a 6' 4" white male with his blonde hair, blue eyed fiance are walking around be prepared to be stopped and asked for photos with the locals. Blew my mind! That said, they are super polite about it, and overall it added to the experience as stuff like that doesn't happen to often I'm sure.

Prambanan TemplesPrambanan Temples

Prambanan Temple, Special Region of Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Beautiful Jogja and it's UNESCO sites

Hi @JustinDonnelly, Welcome in Connect, the Official Community community of Google Local Guides.

What a beautiful post, it seems you had a couple of fantastic weeks there in Indonesia. Fantastic shots, and interesting story, like a veteran of this community.

By the way, as this is your first post in Connect, i take the opportunity to give you some information (even if probably unneeded):

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Thanks for sharing your content with us

Level 7

Hi @JustinDonnelly

Welcome to local guides connect and thank you very much for sharing great shoots of prambanan temple. Content provided is very enticing and informative to the readers. Indonesia is a country having great culture and a lots of temple, hope you share other informations about your trip also.

Thanks a lot.

Level 7

Don't forget to see ramayana ballet

Level 10

@JustinDonnelly, did you visit Goa jomblang? Its one of the best sight in Jogja, check out my 360 photo below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Goa+jomblang/@-8.0286801,110.6383065,3a,75y,181h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1...

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 5

Hi, these are really beautiful places you have visited and thank  you so much for sharing your knowledge and photos as well. We all can make a happier globe then ever before by contributing our knowledge and thoughts. God bless you.