Re: Beatlemania in Google Earth

Thanks for sharing @JillE, best wishes.

@Kiranharak

@SP31

@tmT

@Shafranlive

@JillE wrote:

Calling all fans of the Fab Four!

The Beatles' eighth album, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, first hit the record stores in June 1967. The album was created at Abbey Road Studios and features classics like “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” and “With A Little Help From My Friends” in addition to the title track. Fifty years later, Sgt. Pepper remains a fan favorite, and is being re-issued with new mixes and tracks. Today on Google Earth’s storytelling platform, Voyager, we’re celebrating not only this beloved, influential album, but the whole of the Fab Four’s monumental contributions to rock ‘n’ roll.

The global Voyager tour highlights significant moments and places in The Beatles’ career. Their journey starts at Liverpool’s iconic Cavern Club, and ends at Strawberry Fields in New York’s Central Park, where a black-and-white tiled memorial honors the life of John Lennon. You can also fly to the Hamburg nightclub where the band performed almost nonstop for 48 days; the New York theater where they made their historic first live TV appearance in America; and India, where they experienced spiritual awakenings in the Maharishi’s ashram.

Join the Fab Four as they tour the globe with Google Earth’s VoyagerScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at 1.12.19 PM.png

Level 6

Posts like these makes me open this site more, it also motivates me to post more.
Thanks for sharing.  😄

Sid Rao
Level 7

Don't wanna be off topic, but i got my mother tix to see McCartney in July(a 1st for all of us!)Don't wanna be off topic, but i got my mother tix to see McCartney in July(a 1st for all of us!)

Just wanted to share the Mother's Day card I made for my Mom ! Big Beatles fan and great article!

Level 8

This is amazing! I cannot express enough how happy this made me. THANK YOU!!

Level 7

This is awesome! I am heading to Liverpool at the weekend for Sgt. Pepper Celebrations. I can't wait 🙂

Level 10

Level 8

@JillE thanks for your sharing 

Bannu local guide
Level 6

Near the end of the Vietnam War I had the opportunity to perform for the troops stationed in Vietnam on a USO Tour. But it never happened! President Nixon told General Westmoreland to make sure I was booked for the USO Tour of December in 1972. However the road to peace would require the massive bombing of Hanoi by our B-52 Bombers. The airstrike lasted for eight full days, and became known as the Christmas Bombings. It was the most intense bombing campaign of the Vietnam War. The President’s strategy worked: the peace treaty was signed, and our troops began to come home. There was no need for Bob Hope and the beauties that accompanied him on the annual Christmas USO show. Recently I posted, quite publically, my support for our bombers, and all of the Armed Forces that are finding themselves deep in the wallows of this quagmire of dire situations and mortal combat. Dropping a MOAB Mother of All Bombs on Syria, rattling our sabers, and deploying battle ships, aircraft carriers, and whatever else the Pentagon Brass believe is necessary to send a clear message to North Korea that our Commander in Chief is a real business man; and come Hell or high-water, he means business. If it seems to you like we are in a period of great tribulations; like in the end times, according to the Book of Revelations: then I would concur. John Lennon and George Harrison were two of the angels described in the ninth chapter of Revelations: The Locusts with faces like men and hair like women, who had power in their voices, with breastplates of steel and tails like scorpions, and the sound of their Wings would be as horses and chariots going into battle. Even though two woes would soon pass, they would not harm the grass of the Earth, or any green thing. The purpose of their mission was to torment those people who were without the Seal of God in their forehead. Supporting war is never a popular notion, but sometimes you have to do unto them others before they do it to you. Furthermore, without all this escalation of hostilities President Trump will never be able to lead us straight into Armageddon, and fulfill the final prophesies that allow the Return of Jesus Christ, and the beginning of the thousand year reign of peace here on Mother Earth. So Let it be. Let’s finally get ourselves back to the garden, because that is my job as the fifth angel mentioned in the same chapter of Revelations describing the Beatles. This is all explained in my book, the Falling Figs Journal Volume 1. It’s available on Amazon.com and Barns & Nobile too. These printed versions will be a collector’s item in the near future, because they will no longer be made available when the next edition is published. So in the meantime you can download a free PDF version as my gift to you, compliments of Falling Figs Music BMI. In closing I want to remind you all that on Saturday May 6 at 11:00 am we will begin celebrating my 70th birthday, which just might be like a bunch of Angels partying like rock stars. My son Jonah Haltom will perform with his band, and afterwards I’ll play a few tunes with my special guests, The Cosmic Stardust Cowboys. So RSVP then get ready to Blast off from the Sunny Slopes of Phoenix. And I will Remain Forever Yours Trey Haltom, BMI ~ Singer/Songwriter Falling Figs Music Publishing Company Colonel Oliver Wimbleton Pepper IV BMI

Level 6

Level 8

Thanks for sharing, great infornation