MahabubMunna's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bangladeshi Fruits Part - 4 Asian palmyra palm / Ice apple / Sugar apple / āĻ¤āĻžāĻ˛ā§‡āĻ° āĻļāĻžāĻāĻ¸

Asian Palmyra palm / āĻ¤āĻžāĻ˛ā§‡āĻ° āĻļāĻžāĻāĻ¸

A summer fruits in Indian subcontinent .

WiKi about this fruit description: Palmyra is a fruit that grows on Palmyra palm. The fruit which measures 4 to 7 inches in diameter has a black husk and is borne in clusters. The top portion of the fruit must be cut off to reveal the three sweet jelly seed sockets, translucent pale-white, similar to that of the lychee but with a milder flavor and no pit. The jelly part of the fruit is covered with a thin, yellowish-brown skin. These are known to contain watery fluid inside the fleshy white body.

Picture not adjust in this frame so kindly visit photos album: Palmyra Palm Fruit / Ice apple /Toddy palm

Other Popular name in this Fruit

Asian Palmyra palm
   Cambodian palm
   Ice apple
   Palmyra palm
   Sugar palm
   Toddy palm

Basic information and facts

Evergreen or deciduous:

Evergreen

Flowers:

There are separate male and female trees. Male and female inflorescences
are tapped to produce a sweet sap.

Leaves:

The crown of the tree is a cluster of leaves with a **####**
form.

Fruits

Fruits grow in clusters and have a superficial
resemblance to coconuts. The fruits are round and have a dark-brown
color on the bottom part and a green color on the top. The color changes
to dark-yellow when it ripens. Fruits have a diameter of 13-20
centimeters. When the fruits are cut you find inside three jelly seed
sockets with pale-white translucent flesh which can be eaten. The flesh
has a sweet taste.

Growth rate:

Especially when young, this is a very slow growing palm
tree. It may take 20 years until the first harvest, but the tree can get
more than a hundred years old.

Harvesting:

Fruits are harvested by hand. Climb the tree and cut clusters of fruits with a hatchet or big knife.

Uses:

The pulp of the fruits is eaten fresh. From young inflorescence's a sweet sap (toddy) can be harvested, which has a nice taste and can be concentrated to produce sugar. Other uses of the tree include the wood, for example for construction of houses, and the leaves, for example for making mats or hats.

Information from this web site :World Crops

Photos : my and one from Internet

Bangladeshi Fruits Part - 3 Indian Wild Palm / āĻ–ā§‡āĻœā§āĻ°

Bangladeshi Fruits Part -2 Lotkon / rambai / burma greps / Mafai-farang Fruit

Bangladeshi Fruits Part -1 Sugar Apple / āĻ†āĻ¤āĻž āĻĢāĻ˛

Mahabub Hasan
Dhaka, Bangladesh
12 comments
Level 9

Re: Bangladeshi Fruits Part - 4 Asian palmyra palm / Ice apple / Sugar apple / āĻ¤āĻžāĻ˛ā§‡āĻ° āĻļāĻžāĻāĻ¸

@MahabubMunna āĻ­āĻžāĻ‡, āĻ˛ā§‡āĻ–āĻž āĻ¸ā§āĻ¨ā§āĻĻāĻ° āĻšāĻ‡āĻ›ā§‡āĨ¤ āĻ¤āĻŦā§‡ āĻĒā§œāĻ¤ā§‡ āĻ•ā§‡āĻŽāĻ¨ āĻœāĻžāĻ¨āĻŋ āĻ˛āĻžāĻ—ā§‡āĨ¤ āĻāĻ•āĻŸā§ āĻ­āĻžāĻ˛ āĻ•āĻ°ā§‡ āĻ¸ā§āĻĒā§‡āĻ¸ āĻĻāĻŋāĻ˛ā§‡ āĻ…āĻ¨ā§āĻ¯ āĻ¸āĻŦāĻžāĻ‡ āĻĒā§œā§‡ āĻŽāĻœāĻž āĻĒāĻžāĻŦā§‡āĨ¤ 🙂 āĻ†āĻ°ā§‹ āĻāĻŽāĻ¨ āĻ†āĻ¨āĻ•āĻŽāĻ¨ āĻĒā§‹āĻ¸ā§āĻŸ āĻĻāĻŋāĻ¤ā§‡ āĻĨāĻžāĻ•ā§āĻ¨

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 10

Re: Bangladeshi Fruits Part - 4 Asian palmyra palm / Ice apple / Sugar apple / āĻ¤āĻžāĻ˛ā§‡āĻ° āĻļāĻžāĻāĻ¸

@SaifIS vai amar pic limit cross alada html a likhe copy peast kori. 😔😔😔E Jonno emon 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@SaifIS vai amar pic limit cross alada html a likhe copy peast kori. 😔😔😔E Jonno emon 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

At my childhood I used to buy for 2 taka per palm. But recent price 20-25taka per palm. It is tested better to me after taking it some time in freeze. 

Level 9

āĻ“ āĻ†āĻšā§āĻ›āĻžāĨ¤

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 10

@KlaudiyaG Are you know this Fruits ??? 

Mahabub Hasan
Former Google Contributor

Hey @MahabubMunna,

That's a great post but I can't see the photos. Can you try uploading them again? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@NadyaPN sorry for that . now you watch , there also add photos album , my connect 1000 picture add complete so post pest there image link some times it's not working 🙂 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hi @MahabubMunna

Please send some for me via DHL. 😛

Thanks

Cheers