MahabubMunna's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Bangladeshi Famous and Popular Naksi Pitha / Hand-crafted cake /hand made designed cake

@NadyaPN for you Bangladeshi most famous handmade cake 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Re: Bangladeshi Famous and Popular Naksi Pitha / Hand-crafted cake /hand made designed cake

@MahabubMunna  ভাইয় এই ভাবে কাউকে না দিয়ে খাইলে নজর দিমু । পেট খারাপ করবে কিন্তু।!!

Md Polash Hossien

||
Level 9

@MahabubMunna  ভাইয়া লোভ লেগে গেলে কিন্তু খাইতে দিতে হবে

Md Polash Hossien

||
Level 10

@Polash0001 কি আর করার দোকান থেকে আগে থেকে ওষুধ আনা ই আছে 😛 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@MahabubMunna তাহলে তো ওই অসুধ গুলোর ওপর আগে নজর দেয়া লাগবে।

Md Polash Hossien

||
Former Google Contributor

Hey @MahabubMunna,

Thanks for showing it to me! It looks like an art masterpiece. And I bet it tastes so good too. I think @MarinSt might want to see it too.

See you!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @NadyaPN, these cookies or cakes are one of the delicacies in our country. We make it on special occasions like harvest, Bengali new year, wedding, etc. It requires a lot of effort and patience to make these. Hence this art is getting lost day by day. However, this is still one of our pride in Bangladesh. Please see my previous comment on this post to know more about this. 

Hey @SoniaK,

Your message is very helpful and your cookies look so beautiful that I'd be nervous to "destroy" them. 🙂 I am not sure that my cooking skills are so advanced, otherwise I'd love to try and make them. My question is how do you make these designs? I'm not sure what is a "dates thorn".

Thanks,

Nadya 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @NadyaPN, please excuse my poor English. I meant the thorns from the dates trees. 

Making these cookies is an art. Not everybody in our country is skilled at this. Even I cant make it even though I have been raised in Bangladesh all my life. If you ever come to my country, I would gladly take you to the place (in rural area) where they make it the best. I have just shared some basic know-how tricks in my comment. 

As for 'destroying' them, it is considered as rude if you refuse to eat the cookie if you are served on any special occasion. So you better learn to destroy it before you go to Bangladesh. 😛

The designs come naturally. It's like painting, or making motives, or patterns out of nothing. Our girls in the village are skilled at making these designs. There was a time when it used to be considered as a skill (and a prerequisite) for marriage. Those days are gone now. But in many places, the art is still there. 

Hahaha @SoniaK,

I guess my chances of getting married wouldn't be that big then. 😄 I'd love to come to Bangladesh and try the Naksi Pitha. I suppose I won't be so shy to eat it, once I start. 

BTW, your English is great! I just wasn't sure about these thorns.

Thanks so much once again!

- Nadya