cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bangladeshi Food Part - 2 Naksi Pitha / নকশী পিঠা

Food name : Naksi Pitha / Hand-crafted cake /hand made designed cake

Pitha mean cake
today send this cake from my grandpa house .
It is very popular and famous cakes in Bangladesh।To create a very diligent and time-consuming

Bangladeshi Food Series 

i. Bakorkhani /suka roti / বাকরখানি

ii.Telerpitha /Poa pitha / তেলের পিঠা / পোয়া পিঠা

How it make: Molasses or sugar, water, cardamom, cinnamon Sira, choose the stove with firewood. Take rice powder dry opening Tyler, a half cup of salt water on the stove or a little less than a day. When expressed in yeast rice powder and flour, and cover. If you like half an inch thick bread cool moth to Sandy. Customized form of palm trees with thorns cut and fry in oil underwater design. Put a little fried cakes with veins. Sira, up to serve.

large.jpg

Local guide summit'17  Me and Sonia Binte Khorshed represent our cultural and Famous Food 

Connect Live'18 again we offer to other country Local guides  taste our Nakshi pitha 

Mahabub Hasan
Narayanganj, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
41 comments
Level 10

Re: Bangladeshi Famous and Popular Naksi Pitha / Hand-crafted cake /hand made designed cake

Seems Yummy but making it is not easy. Please put up the steps and all the ingredients. I would love to make it.

Atma Ram
Level 10

Re: Bangladeshi Famous and Popular Naksi Pitha / Hand-crafted cake /hand made designed cake

amma se batkarke apko jalse jal batadu . kayse a pitha banana he @AtmaR

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Such a lovely thing. I have tested several time. Nice thing.

Level 8

খাওয়াইবেন  ভাই 

Level 10

@RomanSyed insallah next time 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Connect Moderator

I grew up eating this cake on several occasions. It reminds me of my childhood. Thank you @MahabubMunna, for sharing this.

The making of this cake is actually very easy. But it needs a lot of patience and activities, hence these days, the working ladies don't really tend to go through such hassles. 

@AtmaR, the making is actually very simple. But you have to be really creative about your designs and a lot of patience is required as it needs a long time frying and soaking it in the syrup.

The rice flour dough needs a lot of kneading before you start rolling the bread. The standard thickness of the bread is 1/2". When you cut the bread with the dates thorn to give it a design and a pattern, make sure you jab it well with some additional pinches so that it soaks the syrup inside after frying. Do not keep it exposed to air for a long time before you fry it as it tends to break down loosing the moist. Deep fry the cakes in hot oil at a medium heat. Do not change the heating degree while frying. You need to be really consistent about the heating. Too much heat will burn the cake, less heat will make it soggy. So, that's where the tricky skill works. 

E9A31B31-D4DA-40E1-B172-30E5F3717B47.JPGFullSizeRender.jpg

Level 10

@OSAMA take it 😛 in iftar 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Dear brother @MahabubMunna, this is my favorite cake, I also want to share with you. 

These cake were made in my house -- 

Naksi PithaNaksi Pitha

Thanks

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh