AIMAN_SAEED's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Azerbaijan Travel and Importance of accessibility in Cities

Hello World!

It gives me an immense pleasure to share my travel discoveries with fellow earthlings ( and most importantly fellow local guides 😄 ). I had the pleasure of visiting Azerbaijan recently with my friends. When I was planning for this country, I had no clue that how beautiful this country will be. So, let me share my findings

Capital of Azerbaijan - BAKU
What a beautiful capital - if I have to summarize this city in one word then that is: 'Love'. From the food to the people to the overall aura of this city is totally love. People are SO SO hospitable that I have no words. Food is good (sharing pictures below). The city is beautifully designed with a lot of space for parks, space for bicycle lovers, good sidewalks for tourists and general public

View of Baku Flame Towers from Sea SideView of Baku Flame Towers from Sea SideCaspian Sea ViewCaspian Sea ViewLocal Bakery in BakuLocal Bakery in BakuFamous Street of Baku Near Fountain Square AreaFamous Street of Baku Near Fountain Square AreaBaku Flame Towers at NightBaku Flame Towers at NightFamous traditional honey scrambled eggsFamous traditional honey scrambled eggsBaku EyeBaku EyeBicycle Ride at BakuBicycle Ride at BakuI love Baku - near Heydar Aliyev CenterI love Baku - near Heydar Aliyev CenterTraditional Food at Famous AL FAIROUZ RESTAURANTTraditional Food at Famous AL FAIROUZ RESTAURANTHeydar Aliyev CenterHeydar Aliyev Center

And one of the most important finding of Baku 0- I've observed that the city is designed so beautifully and the city planners have made sure of the accessibility needs throughout the capital city. The roadsides as well as the entrance of max cafes/restaurants + supermarkets are designed accordingly. 

Kudos to the city planners of Azerbaijan capital city Baku. See the picture below 

Caption: A photo of a wheelchair-accessible plus children stroller spot in the roadside pathwayCaption: A photo of a wheelchair-accessible plus children stroller spot in the roadside pathwayCaption: A photo of a wheelchair-accessible plus children stroller spot in the roadside pathwayCaption: A photo of a wheelchair-accessible plus children stroller spot in the roadside pathway

Moving on I also visited Quba City of Azerbaijan, It is located in the Northern side of Azerbaijan - famous for greenery and outdoor sports such as Skiing, Chair Lift etc. 

On my way to QubaOn my way to QubaOn my way to QubaOn my way to QubaResort where outdoor activities are doneResort where outdoor activities are doneBEST HOTDOG from Quba :DBEST HOTDOG from Quba 😄 

Azerbaijan
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Azerbaijan Travel and Importance of accessibility in Cities

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED, thanks for sharing!

I am glad to see you had a wonderful time in Baku. There are positive vibes coming out of your post all over it. 

I hear the panoramic view from the Baku Eye is most beautiful at night. Did you get a chance to see it?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @IrrPavlova,
I went each day while I was staying in Baku but the locals told me that it is not operational for some reason 😞 
So couldn't get a chance to experience that. 

Maybe next time 🙂 

Level 6

What a brilliant write up @AIMAN_SAEED! With cool photos too - those flame towers of Baku look great lit up. Would love to see more from this country and will do some searching.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & photos.

Level 8

I'm glad 🙂 

Level 10

@AIMAN_SAEED

I have no idea of this wonderful place

honey scrambled eggs sounds yummy

Thank you for sharing