MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Architecturally fascinating buildings

@LucioV,

This is downtown Santa Barbara in California....a very beautiful Spanish architecture influenced city.My wife and I had a vacation at nearby Montecito for my birthday a few years ago.Many famous people like Paul Hogan from the movie Crocodile Dundee,Kevin Costner,Oprah Winfrey and others maintain houses...mansions might be a better word ...nearby where we stayed.The scenery is beautiful everywhere and the ocean views are outstanding.When we visited downtown Santa Barbara we rented bicycles as we usually do everywhere we travel so we could ride around at our leisure...and stop to take photos of course.We also went on a scenic guided Segway tour along the ocean front road.Santa Barbara was a Spanish settlement in the late 1700's.We really enjoyed our visit!

Cheers,

Zed star.

What an amazing tower!What an amazing tower!Old Spanish settlement artifacts.Old Spanish settlement artifacts.Never miss a photo op.Never miss a photo op.Very old Spanish historic building.Very old Spanish historic building.Dodge Viper in front of an historic building.Dodge Viper in front of an historic building.Beautiful town clock building.Beautiful town clock building.Wow ...what a sculpture!Wow ...what a sculpture!Incredible archway.Incredible archway.So ornate!So ornate!Fantastic Spanish art work!Fantastic Spanish art work!The huge mansion of Ty Warner..inventor of the Beanie Babies stuffed toys.The huge mansion of Ty Warner..inventor of the Beanie Babies stuffed toys.The Spanish style house we stayed at.The Spanish style house we stayed at.Spanish architecture everywhere.Spanish architecture everywhere.Amazing  pool with garden.Amazing pool with garden.And our vacation house owners and workers sang Happy Birthday to me.And our vacation house owners and workers sang Happy Birthday to me.Beautiful garden at our vacation house.Beautiful garden at our vacation house.Our guided Segway tour.Our guided Segway tour.

Connect Moderator

Level 7

Wow! it's amazing to discover this type of buildings, here in Madrid, Spain we have an "egg" building and a "o" building. It's not so impresive than the Prage building, of course! Here I share two photos of them (this images it's from google images, not mine)

Thanks to you for share with us this amazing "dancing house" i really enjoyed it!

u building.jpgegg building.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi @DulcedelMo, welcome in Connect. Three times welcome, First of all for the beautiful photos, second because you States the photos are not yours (so I don't need to explain this rule to you) and this because you showed us some very beautiful buildings.

Thanks

Level 7

thank you ermest for your welcoming! I'm a really recent local guider and this is the first time I reply a topic. I think you tell me that i cannot submit photos that are not mine, so if I have to delete them , i'll do. Thanks you!

Connect Moderator

Level 7

oh! okei, now i understand 😄

Connect Moderator

Level 10

@Zeds @ErmesT i will not be so active in the next days, due to the meetup in Milan and, mostly, because my son has been hospitalized this afternoon for further diagnostics after he felt bad this morning. I think nothing to worry, but i will have to stay with him.

Don't worry if you don't see me too much active!

Connect Moderator

it's ok @LucioV, we will meet on saturday in Milan. Hope everything will be ok soon for your son. We (me and Antonella) are very busy too in these days. 🙂