Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Architecturally fascinating buildings

Look at this amazing building

img_3849_595.jpg

It's called "Casa Scaccabarozzi", is located in Turin (Italy). One of the strangest buildings in Italy, designed by the well known architect Antonelli (The author of the Mole Antonelliana).

One side is only 54 cm large!

Level 10

I will leave here only this search: https://www.google.it/search?q=quartiere+copped%C3%A8+roma&*

Quartiere Coppedè in Rome is one of the most amazing part of the city.

An awesome architecture, totally disconnected with the other parts of the city.

Itinerario-quartiere-Coppedé-Roma.jpg

Level 8

Lookout ,restaurant, TV transmiter and hotel Ještěd. Hotel and TV transmitter on Ještěd is a structure in the shape of a rotating hyperboloid.

https://goo.gl/maps/GF7UX46xUjG2

3D tour

http://jested.cz/en/3d-tour 

bu01.jpgbu02.jpg

Level 10

Level 5

@Myrathor,

Pretty cool mate!You would love the Sydney Opera House....one of the most beautiful and iconic structures in the world.It is even better standing right in front of it......and inside it is incredible.....The acoustics are amazing even these days considering it was built in the 60's.And it sits on Sydney Harbour which has some of the best scenery you will ever see.

Cheers,

Zed star.

That's Sydney City in the background.That's Sydney City in the background.Unbelievable to see!Unbelievable to see!

Level 8

Hi @LucioV It is the work of Czech architect. Project architect Karel Hubacek was founded in 1966. The developed technological equipment and processes are protected by Czechoslovak patents. Invasion of the Soviet occupation troops arrived in 1968. Fortunately, everything was completed according to the original project.
The building is since 1998 a cultural monument of the Czech Republic since the beginning of 2006, even a national monument since 2007 and is on the long list of cultural goods Czech Republic, from which they are selected buildings proposed for inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Level 8

Another interesting building is a Mormon temple that I visited in San Diego. It is called the San Diego California Temple which, to me at least, looks like a crisp white minimal Gothic castle. Only members of the Mormon church were allowed in so I only saw pictures of the inside that they had available for visitors.

IMG_20160820_183824.jpg 

Level 5

@Saad_AlDossary,

My wife and I drive past it every time we drive to downtown San Diego from Solana Beach...it certainly stands out.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@Myrathor,

The checkered history and it's current day functional uses are terrific.Thank you mate.

Cheers,

Zed star.