MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Architecturally fascinating buildings

@MarieP This I took in London. Unfortunately, I do not know what the building.

londýn.jpg

Level 10

Level 7

@Myrathor and @LucioV that building looks just like its name.

It reminded me of this building so I share the photo, even though I did not take the picture.

One World Trade CenterOne World Trade Center

This photo from Wikipedia was taken By Joe Mabel, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=27702058. If I am ever close enough again to the building to take a photo from beneath it looking up I will try!

The architect of the new tower also apparently built the Burj Khalifa.

Googler

Hi @MarieP. No worries. If you don't have a different photo that you've taken yourself, it's OK. We'll perhaps feature another post of yours in the future as they've been so great! Thanks again for sharing!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Googler

@Myrathor That is indeed The Shard, so be sure to upload to Google Maps to earn a point if you haven't already! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

Hi everyone

I took this photo this morning. I have been thinking a lot about tall buildings, made of glass-and we seem to have a lot here in the city.

Two buildings framedTwo buildings framed

I confess the building on the left caught my eye because it is so "glass-filled", i.e no steel frame visible, that it reminded me, not of a mirror, but of a long splash of water, brought straight up to the sky. 

A side note about our glass buildings. A few years ago, we actually experienced a brief but unsettling "tremor." Yes, here on an island of bedrock. Apparently this area actually sits on or near enough to the "Ramapo" fault. When I ran outside my apartment building trying to figure out what had happened, many of my neighbors were also outside looking up at buildings.

When I told friends of mine living in LA, they snickered and said "with all your tall glass buildings there, why would you run outside and stand under them."

I could only reply that the nearest buildings to me at the time were in fact made of brick instead of glass. They were not impressed!

Level 8

@TraciC Thank you very much for reminding me. -:)

Level 8

Restaurants and a weather station on the highest mountain in the Czech Republic.

https://goo.gl/maps/H1gLQjdRVhM2

bud02.jpgbud01.jpg

Level 10

This is Messner Mountain Museum at Plan de Corones

20012139773_522fa09b29_k.jpg

Messner Mountain MuseumMessner Mountain Museum

20572613074_7130f59af0_k.jpg

Messner Mountain MuseumMessner Mountain Museum

21013793799_76f151ef29_o.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/9iAQzZfji7K2

Level 8

@LucioV Awesome. Once again I see the use of alien technology.