MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Architecturally fascinating buildings

@Myrathor I've actually hear from some people that saw the building from the nearby highway and did not know what it was that they thought it is a building for space agency or research.

Googler

Hi @MarieP! We'd love to feature this discussion on the Connect homepage. Would you be able to add a higher-resolution image to the post or perhaps a horizontal image so it shows up nicely on the homepage? If not, no worries, but thought I would ask! 🙂

Here's my contribution of a photo I've uploaded to Google Maps of New York by Gehry

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 5.10.44 PM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Level 7

Ahh @LucioV one of my favorite buildings in this city. 

Contrary to its familiar name it was not built specifically to look like an iron--the property that it was built upon just happened to lie in that wedge-shape.

The finished building was intended to serve as offices for a Chicago firm!

I often see visitors to New York stopping to take photos 🙂

Connect Moderator

@MarieP, ci sei?

Sei in Connect da quattro giorni, e stai andando in prima pagina!! O non hai visto il messaggio di @TraciC? Se non hai la foto vai a farla subito. Questo è un bellissimo topic

Ciao

Level 7

Hi @TraciC. Wow that would be a delight that my post be featured.

Sadly I am not photo savvy enough yet.  I only always use my phone camera (and am fortunate not to get a blurry picture). I don't know of any way to turn the photo into a proper horizontal one. I took the photo with my phone camera months ago simply to show it to family, and I was standing a few blocks away. If there is a way to play with the photo in any photo program I don't know of one 😞

Level 7

@ErmesT

Ho appena visto ora messaggio di @TraciC! Sono completamente felice e non so cosa dire!

Di solito io sono al mio meglio con le parole (io sono uno scrittore), non con le foto.
Io certamente cercare di continuare ad essere ispirato con fantasia e creatività.

Thank you everyone 🙂

Connect Moderator

@MarieP, anche io sono rimasto senza parole quando è accaduto al mio post, e anche a me di solito le parole non mancano.

Io però credo che tu lo meriti questo post in prima pagina, la tua energia e la forza delle tue parole hanno dato molta allegria e vitalità in Connect in questi giorni.

Parole e immagini sono due strumenti di comunicazione più vicini di quanto possa sembrare. Ti faccio vedere una cosa, poi dimmi cosa ne pensi

Level 7

@TraciC I did a little research on my photo and actually found something online about the building (with a photo.)

I am not sure what the protocols are for posting. The photo is indeed more horizontal, and I would absolutely credit the webpage (which belongs to the actual architects). 

I could private message you the photo for approval that way?

Level 7

@ErmesT

Come ho fatto a non vedere questa discussione che mi mostri prima di oggi?
Il mio amico, mi fai arrossire e sorridere allo stesso tempo. Capisco ciò che stai dicendo.
Ora devo leggere il tuo "immagine o fantasia" la discussione con grande attenzione!