NalinK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Amer Fort ; Jaipur

Amer Fort ; image credits : my cousinAmer Fort ; image credits : my cousin

Few Months ago I got a chance to visit Amer Fort in Jaipur. It was my first and only visit to Jaipur n this fort. Before visiting i haven't heard much about this place but i did a research during my visit and learned lots of things and i like to share few things which i learned. 

• According to various sources Amer Fort was built in 1592 by Raja Man Singh. (correct me if i am wrong)
  • Located high on a hill, it is the principal tourist attraction in the Jaipur area.
  • Amer Fort is known for its artistic Hindu style elements. With its large ramparts and series of gates and cobbled paths, the fort overlooks Maota Lake ; It is the main source of water for the Amer Palace
  • in 2013 Amer Fort was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of the group Hill Forts of Rajasthan.
  • Amer, derives its name from the Ambikeshwar Temple, Ambikashwara is a local name for the god Shiva.

Here some photos taken by me and my Cousin 🙂

Amer Fort : Panoramic viewAmer Fort : Panoramic view

amer_fort_by_earlymorningrain-d4zl61u.jpg

amer_fort_iii__by_ungefaehrelandschaft.jpg

Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Amer Fort ; Jaipur

Thank you for sharing! Cool architecture and you cant beat the view 🙂 

Level 8

@Corrie indeed breathtaking view ! 

Level 7

Hey Nalin,

Good to see your excitement after the discovery of marvels of this great monument. If you're still in Jaipur, let's plan a meetup of Local Guides here.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Level 8

hi @NavpreetS unfortunately am back in my country. it was a short trip 😞

don't worry am planning to come again in 2017 mid february planning to stay for 2 weeks let's plan something during that time 🙂

cheers !

Level 7

Sounds good. Let's keep in touch till then.

We can connect on G+ then WhatsApp maybe?

Level 10

I recently got an opportunity to visit Amer Fort its really nice place to see. A must see for every tourist coming to Rajasthan

Level 10

@RohitSadana wrote:

I recently got an opportunity to visit Amer Fort its really nice place to see. A must see for every tourist coming to Rajasthan

@NalinK

@NavpreetS

@
Sharing some pics of Amer fort Jaipur

IMG_20170409_102948.jpg

IMG_20170409_103235.jpg

IMG_20170409_104307.jpg

IMG_20170409_101935.jpg

IMG_20170409_101821.jpg

IMG_20170409_102424.jpg

IMG_20170409_102944.jpg

IMG_20170409_102507.jpg

I visited recently

Level 10

@NalinK Thanks for sharing, me had been to Amer many times, very good place and palace too.

@RohitSadana

@NalinK wrote:

Amer Fort ; image credits : my cousinAmer Fort ; image credits : my cousin

Few Months ago I got a chance to visit Amer Fort in Jaipur. It was my first and only visit to Jaipur n this fort. Before visiting i haven't heard much about this place but i did a research during my visit and learned lots of things and i like to share few things which i learned. 

• According to various sources Amer Fort was built in 1592 by Raja Man Singh. (correct me if i am wrong)
  • Located high on a hill, it is the principal tourist attraction in the Jaipur area.
  • Amer Fort is known for its artistic Hindu style elements. With its large ramparts and series of gates and cobbled paths, the fort overlooks Maota Lake ; It is the main source of water for the Amer Palace
  • in 2013 Amer Fort was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site as part of the group Hill Forts of Rajasthan.
  • Amer, derives its name from the Ambikeshwar Temple, Ambikashwara is a local name for the god Shiva.

Here some photos taken by me and my Cousin 🙂

Amer Fort : Panoramic viewAmer Fort : Panoramic view

amer_fort_by_earlymorningrain-d4zl61u.jpg

amer_fort_iii__by_ungefaehrelandschaft.jpg

Level 5

@ProfArunCM

@NalinK

@RohitSadana

@NavpreetS

@Corrie

Really nice and great palace