diwanow's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Aiming for 100 million photoviews by the end of 2018

So I've seen a few other local guides detailing how they got to 100 million photo views so I thought I'd challenge myself! I've been tracking my photo views since 15th Feb 2017 when it was just 2.98 million views... as of last week it passed 27.5 million views which I celebrated by Tweeting out the screenshot here

But that got me thinking my spreadsheet shows on the current trend i should pass around 50 million views by the end of 2018 but why not give myself something of a challenge as Year over Year my photoviews have grown +470% so why couldn't I just double them by the end of 2018? A bit over half my photoviews are coming from 360 photos so I'm going to step up the number of streetview photos I'm capturing from 2.3k in order to help close this gap and ensure I keep creating unique content for local map listings.

I'm hoping to take some inspiration from @JulienH @TraciC @Briggs

London, UK
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Aiming for 100 million photoviews by the end of 2018

@diwanow that is an impressively fast rate! 

Can you share where you are getting the best results? Are you doing street photos or indoor photos etc?

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

Greetings @JulienH so it's almost 50% 360 streetview photos now, I do a lot of 360 streetview photos indoors but it's several of my outdoor 360/static photos that have more views, but landmarks seem to be popular if they are picked as a primary photo. 

As for the other photos it's a bit of a mix here is a rough breakdown of top photos based on views

• Castle in Estonia (1.422 million) similar photos for same location that day are around 5-10k
  • Burger bar in Barcelona (1.18 million) interior photo of the restaurant 
  • Amsterdam Centraal station outside (1 million) 360 photo
  • London Bridge Station (639k) 360 photo
  • Eurotunnel Calais in the train (583k) 360 photo

So looking at the photos it's heavily skewed in favour of 360 photos and mostly it's outdoor photos... but it seems a lot of the long tail is starting to catchup as the Burger bar photo was only taken October 2017 and the castle was August 2017

I hope that helps, but it seems more 360 photos are on the cards.

David

Level 9

Wow @diwanow, I just hit 18 million. I try taking 360 but it's a lot of work versus click and load on the fly. I'll celebrate at 20m views. 

Level 8

Good luck @diwanow

That's very impressive.

Cheers

Level 10

Congrats @AlexPssn yes the 360 photos do take a bit more time but when they work they are amazing! I've posted around 8k photos with almost 3k photos are 360 photos but I need to get many many more 🙂

Level 10

Update on this stalled out at around 45,194,801 views 

Level 9

I’m at 32 million