Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Abyaneh village

Abyaneh village

Abyaneh is a village in Barzrud Rural District, in the Central District of Natanz County, Isfahan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 305, in 160 families.Characterized by a peculiar reddish hue, the village is one of the oldest in Iran, attracting numerous native and foreign tourists year-round, especially during traditional feasts and ceremonies.

An Abyanaki woman typically wears a white long scarf (covering the shoulders and upper trunk) which has a colourful pattern and an under-knee skirt. Abyunaki people have persistently maintained this traditional costume.

On top of the village sits the ruins of a Sasanid era fort.

The dialect of the people of Abyaneh has preserved some characteristics of the Middle Persian language, the language of the Sassanian Persia.

Since June 2005, the village has been undergoing archaeological excavations for the first time ever, as a result of an agreement between Abyaneh Research Center and the Archaeology Research Center of the Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization (ICHTO).

Source: Wikipedia

Abyaneh villageAbyaneh village

Best Regards

Rezgar

Abyaneh, Isfahan Province, Iran
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Abyaneh village

Thanks @Rezgar for this interesting post. I am always curious about small village, in mine and in other countries, because villages are usually the places that better preserve the traditions of an area.

Beautiful photos

Ermes

Level 10

Re: Abyaneh village

Hi @ErmesT

Thanks for your attention, you always read and comment on my contents, thank you my dear friend.