EhsanD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Abandoned Places [not museums though]

Abandoned homes on an estate close to Chiang Rai.

This would make a great horror movie set...abandoned-home-chiang-rai-8850.jpg

abandoned-home-chiang-rai-8825.jpg

abandoned-home-chiang-rai-8829.jpg

Connect Moderator

@EhsanD, my mind cannot believe how much terrible is the situations in the beautiful Aleppo. Well, Of course we all know the situations, and I'm a UNHCR supporter, but the video they made is showing us a terrible situations.

I have seen similar things a few monts ago during one of my recent visit in the area of the earthquake in central Italy, but what we see in the video is not made by the nature, it is made by humans (if we can use this word).

Thanks again for sharing this @EhsanD, hope it can help

Connect Moderator

Hi @PatricL, it is umbelievable how the EU founds have been used (also in Italy was the same sometime). Thanks for sharing

A small tip. Being a Street View Trusted Photographer, you can also embed 360 in Connect using I-frame 🙂

Level 7

@ErmesT usually my abandoned pictures are quite big, don't want to flood page if someone open it on a mobile internet.

Noticed that tour arrows take a week or more to show up lately on my tours, or they will never show up, this force me to post every picture.

Not everybody has unlimited plans.

Or do the iFrame use less data if I make it smaller?

As google now placed this picture far in the county side, connected it to streetview there.

(EDIT: Sphere is back again on it's origin place after a 80km trip to the north)

Here is the rest that still are where they should be.

(Since 1st of march, maps has it own will here, you can't do anything properly with it anymore)

Level 8

@PatricL wrote:

25000 standing might be for a concerts, 7000 seats might be more correct number, but even that sounds much.

Hristos non successful revival:

2011 everything was blooming in the business world here, 2013 it started to go downhill, guess backers backed out at this time.

Reason might have been because of EU, at 2010 companies learned how to use EU funding's a little bit to well, 2012 EU noticed this.

More info about stadium here

Long story short...

30.000.000 Euro was set aside for the project, with help of EU funds, then stadium was sold on a public auction, before project started.

Thank you @PatricL

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to this abandoned post!

May you please add a link to the location of those abandoned homes on Google Map?

And do you know why are they abandoned?

Thank you.

Level 8

@ErmesT wrote:

@EhsanD, my mind cannot believe how much terrible is the situations in the beautiful Aleppo. Well, Of course we all know the situations, and I'm a UNHCR supporter, but the video they made is showing us a terrible situations.

I have seen similar things a few monts ago during one of my recent visit in the area of the earthquake in central Italy, but what we see in the video is not made by the nature, it is made by humans (if we can use this word).

Thanks again for sharing this @EhsanD, hope it can help

Yes, @ErmesT, we can deal with natural disasters but I cannot get it when we kill each other. Why do we do it? As you seem to have interesting attitude towards life, do you think humankind will see a day without any wars?!

Level 8

@PatricL wrote:

@ErmesT usually my abandoned pictures are quite big, don't want to flood page if someone open it on a mobile internet.

Noticed that tour arrows take a week or more to show up lately on my tours, or they will never show up, this force me to post every picture.

Not everybody has unlimited plans.

Or do the iFrame use less data if I make it smaller?

@PatricL, thanks for sharing 360 here as well. It's easier to check them close to your additional information which you usually provide along your photos.

But regarding data usage and technical parts, it's up to you! 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also intrigued by abandoned places. I follow World Abandoned and Abandoned Spaces on Twitter. Some awesome places they post. Would be cool if Google Maps had that as a category, or can you do that and share so others can add to it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Myrathor that Tesla state enterprise looks like my kids room.