DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A visit to Kolkata Zoo on a sunny winter day

Recently I visited to Kolkata zoo (Alipore zoo) with my friend. The visit day was special for us as the day is the birthday of Swami Vivekananda and we got a public holiday in our state. So I planned to celebrate this beautiful day by visiting Kolkata zoo with my friends.  

The zoo was awesome. Captured some wild life photographs and would like to share some of those in this forum. 

20170112_124352.jpgZebrasZebras20170112_125206.jpgSpot the animal !Spot the animal !Zoo mapsZoo maps20170112_133750.jpgI took this photo during my visit to Alipore zoo, Calcutta in  2017I took this photo during my visit to Alipore zoo, Calcutta in 2017So many crocodilesSo many crocodilesThe only white tiger in zooThe only white tiger in zooBaby elephant and her momBaby elephant and her mom

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Kolkata Zoo, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
5 comments
Level 9

Re: A visit to Kolkata Zoo on a sunny winter day

@TraciC @Corrie, if you ever visit Kolkata don't forget to visit Alipore zoo. India's oldest formally stated zoological park.

More details can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alipore_Zoological_Gardens

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 8

@DrShaunak Very nice photos. My daughters were thrilled. Most of them liked the monkeys and white tiger. Here in the Czech Republic we have white tigers in Liberec Zoo.

Level 9

Level 9

@DrShaunak when I visit Kolkata please take me to the zoo. I love animals 

Level 9

Sure @IlankovanT I will. 🙂