ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A path for wheelchair at 1600 meters above sea level

Hi everyone,

Taking inspiration from this post from @TraciC, I want to share with you a place, that we discovered during our last Meet-Up in Castelluccio di Norcia.

It was unwanted and unexpected (at least for me) but for this reason it was a GREAT discover.

A well mantained wheelchair path at 1600 meters above sea level, in the middle of the Sibillini mountains, on the border between Umbria and Marche Regions.

Most of the path is also on streetview. The path ends in an amazing panoramic point, with a breathtaking view. In a clear day you can see also the Adriatic sea.

The path, with the Vettore mountain in the backgroundThe path, with the Vettore mountain in the background

Going upGoing up

Caption: A Local Guide walking in the last part of a pathway for weelchair, on the middle of Sibillini mountains, at 1600 meters above sea level - Local Guide @ermestCaption: A Local Guide walking in the last part of a pathway for weelchair, on the middle of Sibillini mountains, at 1600 meters above sea level - Local Guide @ermest

Panoramic pointPanoramic point

Unfurtunately it is pretty unknow, so we need to write about places like thisw one

If you want to see more : https://photos.app.goo.gl/3FvioJ9g1AFsIM1h1

Ermes

Monte Vettore, FM, Italia
25 comments
Googler

Re: A path for weelchair at 1600 meters above sea level

Oh, @ErmesT! I love this post so very much. It's so amazing and definitely makes me think that Alvaro from the Rolling On series would LOVE this so very much! Thank you for sharing, this is indeed an amazing find. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Indeed it's a great discovery @ErmesT and I think that wheelchair pathway until 1600 meters above sea level is unexpected for anyone. .

It's really inspiring. Well when we see this kind of initiatives the faith on humanity restored. 

Beautiful photos 

Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

Really nice landscape and great accessibility. This is so inspiring and a well managed site. Thanks for sharing 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator

Thanks @TraciC, @AkmalB, @Amiran. Unfortunately two of the roads to access to this site are closed, due to the earthquake.

Ermes 

Level 10

What a sad news, Hope the government repair the path asap. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Amiran, the problem is not the path, that is perfect.

this is Castelluccio (the village) now :

Caption: Castelluccio di Norcia - September 2017 - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Castelluccio di Norcia - September 2017 - Local Guide @ermest

Ermes

Level 10

Wow, terrible ;( Roger that. It takes more time to repair the road and surrounds.

...Still your photo shooting is perfect 

Level 6

How amazing weelchair path, it's really attack me . Thank u @ErmesT for ur nice post.

Connect Moderator

Yes @Amiran

For now the point is : beautiful, unknown, difficult to reach. We still work on it.

We took the photos, we had a meet-up in there, we inserted the panoramic point in maps, i have no idea about how to insert the "wheelchair road" to the map, even if it is clear visible in the street view @GusMoreira

Thanks @Mozammal

Thanks place is breathtaking. I will share an album soon

Ermes