Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A Visit From Jute Products Fair in Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbag, Dhaka

A Visit From 'Jute Products Fair' in Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbag, Dhaka funded by an international chain store "Galeries Lafayette" and organized by 'Care Bangladesh' through Mony Jute Ind. The fair was for three days (October 02 to October 04, 2017) at main auditorium of national museum . It was a CSR program to develop the rural women's especially for JDP workers. In total 5 groups out of 40 were awarded to participate this fair to show down their valuable products crafted by them in hand. The authority of this fair beard all expenses of all participated groups to bring them from remote areas in Bangladesh. SME companies also participated. They(Rural Women's) will be more expert & benefited by this fair. Let's view some awesome jute products crafted by rural workers in Bangladesh...!

IMG_20171003_153423.jpgIMG_20171003_153854.jpg

Jute ProductsJute ProductsIMG_20171003_175405.jpgIMG_20171003_195523.jpg

Full album is here ....! (I am sorry because pictures were captured with mobile).

You may like this @ErmesT @KarenVChin @OSAMA @BishowvijayaP @ShafiulB

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbagh Road, Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: A Visit From Jute Products Fair in Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbag, Dhaka

Of course I like it @Kamalhasnainee, you already know how much I appreciate this kind of post.

If I remember correctly, we already talked about jute products, maybe with you, in another very interesting post.

What is interesting is that they addressed this fair to womens, that are the more involved in this kind of activity.

Nice trade fair and nice photos, as usual 😉

Thanks a lot for inviting me in here.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Re: A Visit From Jute Products Fair in Bangladesh National Museum, Shahbag, Dhaka

Yes @Kamalhasnainee, I've found it: /Jute-gt-The-Golden-Fiber-of-Bangladesh/

Another wonderful post about Jute, a product that everybody knows, and everyone is using, without knowing the story that is hidden in the backstage.

Thanks again

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@Kamalhasnainee, I do remember your original post about jute as @ErmesT mentioned.  I agree with Ermest's suggestion. What does this fair benefit to the women by making these beautiful things? Do they learn a new skill? Do they earn more money for their families to improve their lives?  Having more context would help to understand what this fair is all about.

Thanks for sharing here in the Local Guides Connect Community

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@ErmesT wrote:

Of course I like it @Kamalhasnainee, you already know how much I appreciate this kind of post.

If I remember correctly, we already talked about jute products, maybe with you, in another very interesting post.

What is interesting is that they addressed this fair to womenes, that are the more involved in this kind of activity.

Nice trade fair and nice photos, as usual 😉

Thanks a lot for inviting me in here.

Ermes

Yes brother I know @ErmesT , you always supported me! My friend informed me about this fair who was involved with the authority of Jute Fair. They are working in whole country with this vision (to develop the poor women's self dependency). 

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

@KarenVChin wrote:

@Kamalhasnainee, I do remember your original post about jute as @ErmesT mentioned.  I agree with Ermest's suggestion. What does this fair benefit to the women by making these beautiful things? Do they learn a new skill? Do they earn more money for their families to improve their lives?  Having more context would help to understand what this fair is all about.

Thanks for sharing here in the Local Guides Connect Community

Cheers,

Karen

@KarenVChin you have picked a very nice question, yes they are really benefited by this fair, they understood the demand of people, the style of people, about the pricing status...and obviously about the quality of design or style which was demanded by customers. Now they will be able to make goods as the demand of customers. Yes, they learned to sell and it will be helpful for their family. As i know already they have started to supply their goods to various chain stores. It's a good achievement of their. Financially they are also helping their family. 

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

Its a appreciate post no doubt @Kamalhasnainee.  

Thanks for tag me here... 

@KarenVChin wrote:

@Kamalhasnainee, I do remember your original post about jute as @ErmesT mentioned.  I agree with Ermest's suggestion. What does this fair benefit to the women by making these beautiful things? Do they learn a new skill? Do they earn more money for their families to improve their lives? 

Hi @KarenVChin You are asking some great questions. Kamal bro already answer to you Finley...

I also want to some contribute here...

The main target of this kind of fair is to show the world that how quality products are made by jutes with rural people hands. We should use these because they look so cool and very comfortable to use. Otherwise Rural poor people are the main manufactrer of these products which is encouraged by some rural Development organization..  

Its is only one of the main income source of these rural people... 

That's are my thoughts...

Happy Guiding

Level 9

Hmm you are right @ShafiulB there are huge peoples..where it is their main income source for their family. In our country maximum women are engaged with garments sector. Now it is their great opportunity to get involve to handicrafts with some financially help/loan from various Government/NGOs/Organizations @KarenVChin.

By this kind of fair they can show/offer their great creativity and get the opportunity to contact with national and international buyers to draw their attention to their product's.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

Great to know more about the "background story" of your photos @Kamalhasnainee.

To write great Connect post, like with Local Guides reviews, a Local Guide needs to fully describe his / her experience, provide context, to the reader. 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

It's very likely to me @Kamalhasnainee.

These kind of posts allow us to know more about insights of  Bangladesh.

Not only that, the motive of this fair is simply great as it is organized to support rural women. Products are quite good looking.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.