puty's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

A Very Kids Friendly Hotel in Bandung

When I was single and younger, comfortable accommodation was the last thing I ever thought while traveling. I stayed in youth hostel and only spent a couple of hours for sleeping and taking shower and was outside for the rest of the time. Swimming pool? Nope. Breakfast? Only when it was totally free. I even once stayed in a hostel in Amsterdam where I brought my own bed linen. Oh, those good old days.

Everything changed after my son was born. Both me and my husband love traveling. We even named our son 'Safar' which means 'traveling'. So when my baby was 3 months old, we traveled to Yogyakarta and stayed in a decent 5 stars hotel because my husband was on business trip. I couldn't be grateful enough that we stayed in a comfortable hotel because I couldn't even go outside the room for more than two hours. Baby needed to be fed, bathed, put on comfortable position so he could sleep, and so on. Ever since, we've always considered what kind of facilities available in the hotel, and how comfortable the room is.

As time went by, our son grew into a very active toddler. We put more and more consideration on the accommodation list: is it baby friendly? Does it have swimming pool? Any playground available? Kids menu available? Is it family friendly?

So earlier this month, I was impressed by a hotel called Grand Tjokro in Cihampelas, Bandung. It was one of the most kids friendly hotels we've ever been. I was very happy and thought that more hotels should provide such facilities because more and more families nowadays do staycation. Here are some kids friendly facilities I discovered:A playground in the lobbyA playground in the lobby

Little strawberry garden on the rooftopLittle strawberry garden on the rooftop

Mini zoo on the rooftop. I know it's a bit weird, but my son truly enjoyed this!Mini zoo on the rooftop. I know it's a bit weird, but my son truly enjoyed this!

Colorful birdsColorful birds

Breakfast buffet for kids!Breakfast buffet for kids!

Mini cinema!Mini cinema!

Now showing on the mini cinema!Now showing on the mini cinema!

Inside the mini cinemaInside the mini cinema

Nail art for kids with such affordable price!Nail art for kids with such affordable price!

Playground with sand box!Playground with sand box!

Super cute!Super cute!

Address: Jalan Cihampelas No.211-217, Cipaganti, Coblong, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat 40131
Phone: (022) 82021220

Anyone else has kids friendly accommodation? Would like to know and maybe we'll have a chance to stay there 🙂

IG @byputy | byputy.com
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
5 comments
Level 8

Re: A Very Kids Friendly Hotel in Bandung

Hello @puty

This post is very helpful. I will bookmark it.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Level 6

Thank you Mas @Badruddeen 🙂 Would be happy to share more about kids friendly places / accommodation. Hopefully.

IG @byputy | byputy.com
Level 8

@puty wrote:

Thank you Mas @Badruddeen 🙂 Would be happy to share more about kids friendly places / accommodation. Hopefully.

Great Puty

Thank you.

Cheers

Former Google Contributor

Hey @puty

That's a great post! This is an awesome place. I think you will enjoy this #LetsGuide families with kids! topic. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Thank you @NadyaPN, I already checked the recommended topic and bookmarked it 😄

IG @byputy | byputy.com