nandabayuw1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

A Unique Food In Semarang, Indonesia

Hi guys, I want to share my personal experience about unique food in Semarang, Indonesia and it is called "Gemblong.

Basically, this food is a sticky rice that usually in Semarang served fried, but in this place, the "Gemblong" is grilled and it giving a different sensation. The "Gemblong" texture is a little bit crunchy on the outside but very soft and chewy on the inside. Not just a plain "Gemblong", there a lot of flavours that filled it for example like chocolate, cheese, shredded coconut, and many other things.

The place is called "Warung Wedang Bu Lily" that addressed in MT. Haryono 439 street.  The location is easy to reach because it is on a side of a big road and it's open from 7 P.M until 12 P.M. This place is always crowded and have to be patient to get our order. 

Beside "Gemblong" they serve grilled banana and bread, also o lot of traditional drink from Indonesia.

So that's my personal experience find this unique food in Semarang, and I think this is a fresh thing to find a different type of food in the middle of how western and fast food are slowly decrease the authentic food from Semarang. 

808940.jpg

808919.jpg

808914.jpg

Semarang, Semarang City, Central Java, Indonesia
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: A Unique Food In Semarang, Indonesia

Hi @nandabayuw1 I've had sticky rice and having some char on it would be interesting. I'll move this to the discoveries board.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: A Unique Food In Semarang, Indonesia

Hi @nandabayuw1 I've had sticky rice and having some char on it would be interesting. I'll move this to the discoveries board.

Regards Paul