TariqMahmood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Bike Trip to Neelum Valley AJK

Hey Guys! Today I am going to share with you the most fascinating, most wonderful, most incredible and most beautiful valley of Paradise Kashmir which is called Neelum Valley AJK. We two friends on motorbike done this trip last September 2017.

Neelum Valley

Neelum Valley is situated at the North & North-East of Muzaffarabad Azad Kashmir, running parallel to Kaghan Valley. The two valleys are only separated by snow-covered peaks, some over 4000m above sea level. Excellent scenic beauty, panoramic views, towering hills on both sides of the noisy Neelum river, lush green forests, enchanting streams and attractive surroundings make the valley a dream come true.

In front of Hotel where we stayed for a night Muzaffarabad AJKIn front of Hotel where we stayed for a night Muzaffarabad AJK

Athmuqam – is situated at a height of 1371m, it is the sub-divisional headquarters of the area. It is an attractive place known for its variety of fruit. All necessary facilities via bazaars, post offices, banks, hospitals, and telephone exchanges are present.

Keran & Upper Neelum – at a distance of about 91 Km (3 Hours Drive) from Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir & 7 Hours Drive from Islamabad, Keran and Upper Neelum is situated on the right bank of the river Neelum at 1524m above sea level with fascinating scenery. The panoramic lush green valley is profound in fruit and wildlife. There is beautiful and comfortable luxurious motels called Keran Resort. Visit Neelum Valley for Keran Resort / Neelum Valley Hotels.

A view from Upper Neelum AJKA view from Upper Neelum AJK

Sharda – a breath-taking green spot at an altitude of 1981m. Shardi and Nardi are two mountain peaks overlooking the valley, reputedly named after legendary princess Sharda. It has a captivating landscape with numerous springs and hill-sides covered with trees. On the right bank, opposite Sharda, the Neelum is joined by the Surgan Nallah along which a track leads to Nurinar Pass and through it to the Kaghan Valley. Ruins of an old Buddhist University can also be found in Sharda. Sharda is very historical place to visit. Visit Neelum Valley for Kashmir Tours & Travels.

Kel: – a small valley situated at a height of 2097m. This is another picturesque place in the Neelum Valley. The Shounter Nallah joins river Neelum at this place and leads to Gilgit Agency (Northern Areas) over the Shandur at 4420m.

Arang Kel: – is situated at the hill top near Kel, about 1500 feet ascend from River Neelam. It is also a village full of beautiful sceneries. Beyond this mountain, the next mountain is a part of Indian occupied Kashmir. It is a piece of utmost beauty, one can find in Kashmir. Visit Neelum Valley for Arang Kel.

A view of Arangkel from Guest House terraceA view of Arangkel from Guest House terrace

Chita Khata Lake: Chita Khata Lake – is located at an altitude of 3,800 meters. Chitta Katha Lake is only accessible in the months of July and August. Common route followed by the tourists is through kel. There is a road from Kel to Shounter Valley. It is better to reach the village UTLI DOMEL at night and stay there. You should proceed forward early in the morning. There is climbing of 5 to 6 hours to reach the lake. You can also make arrangements of horses for travelling from UTLI DOMEL.

Shounter valley: – lies in Upper Neelum valley. It can be accessed through a jeep track from Kel which only gets opened for a few months of the year. From Shounter valley, one can cross the Shounter Pass to enter into Astore valley at Rattoo. Shounter lake is a small but very beautiful lake in the Shounter Valley. From this point, one can go to Sarveli peak base camp, chitta katta lake or cross the Shounter pass into Astore. Shounter is very beautiful and worthseeing place.

Halmat: The border village about 49 kilometers ahead of Kel is a fascinating but unexplored sight. The area from Kel to Taobat is called the Halmat. Janawai, Sardari and Halmat are the most beautiful places of this area. The drive itself is slow as the road is a dirt track, crossing streams and waterfalls. It almost takes 3 hours to reach this place from Kel. You can also start seeing some glaciers melting into the Neelum River.

Tao Butt: Tao butt is the last station and end point of Neelum valley. Tao Butt is an example of vegetation generosity of the liberal nature. The spot is donned with all delicacies and niceties. Nature flirts here with fantastic environment. It has a sever season and heavy snow in winter, and winter season continue  about 6 months strarting from October to April end. In summer it is a worth place for tourist to visit. Neelum river emerges from here in the valley and continue its journey till Domail. Taobut is very beautiful and worth seeing place to “Visit Neelum Valley”.

Tao butt has few red roof huts comprise this town which when seen from a high ground remind you of the calendar pictures of Switzerland.

Gurase Valley: in Neelum Valley, Azad Kashmir is the most captivating but remote and backward area of the Neelum valley situated in the north-east of the Muzaffarbad, the capital city of Azad Kashmir. This area is the heart of sustainable tourism in Azad Kashmir because of its lush green natural beauty.

You may reach my album by clicking Neelum Valley Paradise Kashmir

@RashmiM @bhasibahuleyan @NirmalTeja @Julien44 @Badruddeen @Anonymous @AkmalB @TorM @HANEN_ 

TariqMahmood
New Mirpur City
37 comments
Level 10

Re: A Bike Trip to Neelum Valley AJK

Hi @TariqMahmood

I appreciate that you love bike riding.

It is thrilling to make the journey through the chilling areas.

I congratulate your adventurous mind.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TariqMahmood wao what a amazing trip, lovely photo clicks, happy to see shared album @HashimN @DavidTito @iDepp @NareshDarji @JacquelineB @RashmiM have a look at amazing trip of Neelum Valley, Azad Kashmir please 

Level 10

Wow wow wow what a fascinating and awesome place from AJK Pakistan,

Neelum ,the name itself is lovely,

I haven't been there,but I read and hear from many of the tourists,that  is beautiful place.

@TariqMahmood brother you're very lucky person to visit such places,

The local food also attract me ,such healthy food,

Now the 2 things are cleared,

1 you're a great biker 

2 you are a nature lover and a great local guide from Pakistan,

Thank you so much for sharing with us,

I added neelum valley AJK Pakistan in my wishlist,

Have a nice day

Connect Moderator

@TariqMahmood

I love the fact that you are so energetic and inspirational that we get to see amazing pictures from your trips every month. 

Incredible scenic landscapes. Thanks for bringing it out to the world. 

Regards

Level 10

Hi @TariqMahmood,

Thanks a lot for sharing your trip to Neelum Valley. I really enjoy discovering Pakistan with you. 

I would like to congratulate you because you are improving very quickly. Each new post is getting better than previous one. Your photos are superb, well taken and the informations given full of details.

I am very happy being connected with you and once again thanks for sharing the beauties of Pakistan.

See you

Jul

PS: @Anonymous, @Sagir have a look here.

Connect Moderator

@TariqMahmood, some pictures of you are such great that I can hear, taste and smell the environment! Thank you! 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TariqMahmood, great post!

Mostly I enjoyed watching Arang Kel 😊

Very well represented!

Thanks for the tagg @Julien44!

Level 8

@bhasibahuleyan Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully we will explore more and more of this world together in future. Your words are an asset for me. 

Greetings from Kashmir.

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@Anonymous Brother I am very much delighted to get guidance and support from you. Thank you for liking my post and sharing with other nature lovers. 

Greetings from Kashmir.

TariqMahmood