DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

12 hrs with two members of Sri Lanka Local Guides

I am very happy to meet @IlankovanT after a gap of six months. Last time we met in San Francisco during LGSummit16

He came here in Kolkata with his friend Gimesh from Sri Lanka to explore our city. I met him around 8 pm and we had dinner at a popular restaurant named "Rose". He gifted me a nice badge from Sri Lanka Local Guides and a nice bag of tea. The taste of tea is really awesome. 🙂 

Our dinner tableOur dinner table

Next morning (25.03.2017) before I go to my work I met them near Victoria Memorial. A great tourist attraction of Kolkata. We had 'Papri chatt' in breakfast. For those who are not familiar with Papri Chatt please have a look on it  . Papri chatt is very famous in Kolkata. If you visit Kolkata do not forget to take "Papri Chatt'. 🙂 

We trioWe trioThe famous :Papri Chat"The famous :Papri Chat"

I met some members of Bangladesh Local guides too and we took some group photos too. 

Here is my 360 degree view of Victoria Memorial  in Google maps which I took last year. 

In front of Victoria Memorial HallIn front of Victoria Memorial Hall

That Local Guides bag is awesome. Great to see badges from different countries (including one which I gave him during LGSummit16) on his bag. The bag already

traveled many parts of the world. 🙂 

Screenshot of my 360 degree photo of Victoria MemorialScreenshot of my 360 degree photo of Victoria Memorial

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
17 comments
Level 9

Re: 12 hrs with two members of Sri Lanka Local Guides

@DrShaunak what a great post!!!  I love how we #LGSummit16 Attendees find ways to get together!  No better way to get to know a new place than to have an LG friend that lives there.  😄  

I think I need to start some serious planning to visit your part of the world Dr., my friend!

My wish list:

India, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Thailand

@Shirni@IlankovanT@SumaiyaZafrin@ChamnanMuon@SunPanupong.....I come visit you ALL 😄

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 9

@KimberlyAnnG Thank you. You all are most welcome. Please come to our city, we will tour together. 

I would also request Local guides team to visit Kolkata, India some day. I'll be very pleased to welcome you all as our guest.and would help you to discover beautiful (my favorite) dishes of West Bengal like Papri Chatt and Fuchkas@TraciC @Corrie You may make such items in home too just follow them online under recipes. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

@DrShaunak that was an unforgettable tour! we enjoyed the dinner at "Rose Restaurant". thanks for the nice dinner and your valuable time spent with us.

IMG_20170324_201521.JPGIMG_20170324_204004.JPGPapri ChatPapri ChatIMG_20170325_092502.JPGVictoria MemorialVictoria MemorialMe and DrMe and Dr

@KimberlyAnnG we had an awesome journey around Kolkata. a well spent weekend I would say. Sri Lanka awaits your arrival 🙂 and you are most welcome.

Level 10

Level 10

@DrShaunak maybe you forget to mention  that they visit there for join South Asia local guides meetup 🙂 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@IlankovanT Thank you so much for the photos. They are awesome.

@SunPanupong Thanks so much. Hoping to visit your country some day. 

@MahabubMunna Yes, you are right. I already met some of your team members too and looking forward to meeting you next week. Do enjoy your Darjeeling trip. All the best. 🙂 

Level 9

Wow... it's a great meet-up @DrShaunak! I'm so glad to hear that your wish also coming to Cambodia. Warm welcome, and please let me know about your plan too, @KimberlyAnnG.

Level 9

Thank you so much @ChamnanMuon 

I still remember the beautiful scarf you gifted. Last winter your scarf helped me a lot. 🙂 

Level 9

Really, @DrShaunak? Great to hear that :-)!