Rizalishaikh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

how much time street view take to approve photo

HI!

Can somebody guide me about how much time Google Street View takes to approve a photo as a trusted 360 photo. In terms of days or hours.

Thanks

20 comments
Level 5

Re: how much time street view take to approve photo

It usually takes a day or two i suppose.

@RizwanA wrote:

HI!

Can somebody guide me about how much time Google Street View takes to approve a photo as a trusted 360 photo. In terms of days or hours.

Thanks

Level 10

@Rizalishaikh Normally take one day for update you approval status change  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

Hi there!

Any 360-degree photo you take via Google Street View app will be approved or rejected by Google Maps instantly. To check the status of the photo open it in the "Profile" tab and pull the info menu form the bottom of the screen. The info menu shows the information of the photo you took, its location on the map, number of views it received and right next to the number of views it should say "Maps approved" or "Maps rejected".

The "Stats" tab which you access from your profile reports the total number of your 360-degree pictures approved by Google Maps, your Local Guide level and whether you have marked yourself available for hire. The Stats normally take one working day to update, so if you took your photo on Friday your stats should update by Monday evening, although some of the 360-degree photos I took on Sunday were included in my stats on Wednesday.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

K.

Level 10

Thank you for useful info.

@KonstantinG @Rizalishaikh @MahabubMunna @DarshilS

Level 6

@KonstantinG

Would you kindly clarify me the doubt that I have regarding 360 panoramas in SV app. I have 50 panos, however, my profile status telling that approved pic is "0". Please refer attached screenshots. 

However, individual panorama shows that status as "Map Approved".Individual panorama status shows as "Map Approved"Individual panorama status shows as "Map Approved"

50 panoramas50 panoramas

Screenshot_20171027-211442.png

Approved photos "0"Approved photos "0"

Level 7

Hi Cham! @Cham

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I have been traveling a lot recently.

Look, I need to ask you a few things about your photos... So how long have you been posting those photos and how many do you have in total? If it is anything less than two weeks, then it may simply be the case of servers taking a while to update. If it has been more than two weeks that the photo count hasn't updated itself, then it might be either a glitch or a technical issues of some sort. 

On the whole, once the photo status says "Maps Approved", it should contribute to your 360 photo count. I remember there was someone who had the same issue as you, but I can't remember if it has gone away by itself or whether he had to seek for help form Google. 

It is a little difficult for me to scan the forum for similar topics, but you if you try to browse through the forum yourself, there should be people who've had similar issues as you do.

If you still can't find topics with similar issues please either let me know or contact one of the Google Moderators. They are quite easy to find, but I added a profile link for one of them.

Here it is: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/9

Hope that helps at least a little.

Let me know if your issue get's solved.

Konstantin

Level 6

Hey Konstantin 

@KonstantinG

I really appreciate the reply from you. I understand that it's difficult to find time when we travel.

Please see some info about my panos;

- I have been posting panos in past 2.5 months.
- I have 59 total panos and counting. The profile status shows that "Google Maps approved photos are 19 now. Firstly, I got 10 photos approved last week and 9 were added past couple of days. Slowly getting em approved, lol.
- All individual panos shows their status as "Maps approved"

I have seen similar inquiries in the forum by several other Local Guides and I am scanning those again. Also I will reach out to Google Moderators.

I will wait until those photos get the final approval one by one. Let's keep in touch.

Thank you very much for you taking time.

Regards,
Cham

Level 7

@Cham that's good to know its resolving itself.

I would say maybe now that the photo count has started moving past the zero mark, perhaps wait and see if keeps up.

Then if it stops again, perhaps then you should reach out to Google moderators.

Either way, Its good that it shows signs of life now.

Hope it works out.

Konstantin

Connect Moderator

Hi @KonstantinG the approval process is by humans after an initial scan by system so it isn't instant.

@Rizalishaikh It can take some days before they are checked and approved or rejected.

Regards Paul