AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Why you should play with your food

Local Guides have told us that they want to spotlight their favorite dishes and get more views on their photos, so we went in search of advice from some our favorite super-talented food photographers and bloggers. One of them is L.A.’s Corey Marshall, known on Instagram, where she has more than 87,000 followers, as @missfoodieproblems.

What are foodie problems? Corey explains: “Always thinking about your next meal, debating where to eat, not having multiple stomachs (except for that separate stomach solely for dessert),” she says. “Food photography for me is a way to share my love for the food community. I try​ to create interactive photos so my viewers can just about taste and smell whatever dish I am sharing with them!”

On July 8, Corey will join Local Guides at L.A.’s Sqirl restaurant for a workshop on how to create the most beautiful pics of fancy toast and other breakfast foods. (To watch live, be sure to like us on Facebook, then look out for a notification around 1:00 p.m. PT.)

See four of Corey’s best tips below, and keep sharing your own great food photos on social media with #LocalGuides.

Interact with the food. Try things like pulling apart a croissant, popping and egg yolk, or lifting some noodles.Interact with the food. Try things like pulling apart a croissant, popping and egg yolk, or lifting some noodles. 

Get up close and personal. Don't be afraid to get yourself a little messy!Get up close and personal. Don't be afraid to get yourself a little messy!

Try "Flat Lays". This is a form of styling that shows items laid out flat and shot from above. Add relevant props to make them more exciting!Try "Flat Lays". This is a form of styling that shows items laid out flat and shot from above. Add relevant props to make them more exciting!

Adapt to your surroundings. Shoot in natural lighting when you can, and find the most well-lit spot in the room when you can't.Adapt to your surroundings. Shoot in natural lighting when you can, and find the most well-lit spot in the room when you can't. 

Los Angeles, CA, United States
100 comments
Level 9

Re: Why you should play with your food

i play @AnnaDickson

I Play with Food ;)I Play with Food 😉

Level 9

After your first Post @AnnaDickson I really play ?Play with food :)

Level 9

Level 10

??????????????????????????????????????????

A great foodball player @OSAMA bro. ???????

@OSAMA wrote:

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP ????

@AnnaDickson past post about food photography inspired me ? 

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

??????????????????????????????????????????

A great foodball player @OSAMA bro. ???????

@OSAMA wrote:

Level 10

@OSAMA don't disturb me i am eating hahahhG0310370.JPG

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Hahahah @MahabubMunna 😁😂🤣🤣🤣😂😁

@MahabubMunna wrote:

@OSAMA don't disturb me i am eating hahahhG0310370.JPG

Level 10

Lol 😂😂😂, Thanks for sharing with us @AnnaDickson A really good tip for us all. 

Level 9

@HelloSamsonR go go play with your food and share with us 😁😂😁😂

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Lol 😂😂😂, Thanks for sharing with us @AnnaDickson A really good tip for us all.