Did you mean: 
Level 10

When shooting a building.

建物を撮影するとき.png

Aomori Prefecture, Japan
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: When shooting a building.

Is this the "Rule of Thirds" in photography? Looks like it's super applicable to photos for Google Maps, especially when/if your photo is chosen to be featured. Thanks for sharing, @kumax_aomori! 🙂 I'll keep this golden rule in mind.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

場所の表示で、この位置に写真が使われたとき、上に三分の一の余裕を設けておくと、肝心な部分が隠れないという比率の参考です。店の外観を撮影したとき、周囲に余裕が無いと、看板などが隠れる時が多いです。最近はこのような撮影を心掛けています。

In the display of the place, when the picture is used in this position, setting a margin of one in the upper is a reference of the ratio that the essential part is not hidden.

When photographing the exterior of the shop, there are many times when signs etc are hidden if there is not enough surroundings. Recently I try to shoot like this.

Level 7

Rule # something. Avoid object that can be considered as doing "advertisment".

Parden me for budding in like this, but if this is a guide, shouldn't rule above be included?

And then again, can you manage to take a picture of a building without doing advertisement for it?

Is this rule ever applied, as it's quite double-faced?

Level 5

Good idea - and to help with this common photo composition rule a lot of cameras will have an option to display guidelines on the screen at 1/3 and 2/3 which some people may find useful. 

Level 10

The Rule of Thirds is perhaps the most well-known ‘rule’ of photographic composition. I will definitely apply it