AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: What to look for when taking accessibility photos

Managing a person on wheel chair is more chalanging .

Wheel chair ramp /walk way to avoid stepsWheel chair ramp /walk way to avoid steps

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

Hi!! @AnnaDickson.

This is a great post indeed. Nowadays there are many opportunities for challenged people for, especially who are in a wheelchair.

The world is understanding about their situations. Last we run a for finding any place for accessible or not. 

Details Here: Checking Accessibility of "Wheelchair" from Bangladesh

We learned a lot from that campaign that nowadays places are more accessible to them. Signs are very important. I found some places that have facilities for touse who are running in a wheelchair. But there was no such sign that can lead the person. That was pathetic. 

But unfortunately, there are many places that can be turned into accessible. And I hope that day not far.

We all together can change the world.

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh

Level 6

@AnnaDickson Thanks for sharing & this is very valuable 👍

Level 9

A great post @AnnaDickson!

We can help other Local Guides with accessibility needs,  showing how places have been adapted to different needs.
This is one of the last photos I have uploaded to Google Maps. When the arquitecs desing this School they didn´t include an elevator. Now they added this
lifting platform. Many students uses it, not only the ones on wheelchair, because are frecuent broken legs, sprains... All of them benefict.

Other Schools in the area are adding them to solve stairs.

Lifting platform.Lifting platform.

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 8

It's really very very helpful.. I was looking for these details since long time...

As I always try to mention the accessibility like 'disabled friendly', these details will further help me in including that in my photos as well....

Special thanks @AnnaDickson for sharing.... 

Level 10

Hi @AnnaDickson,

Thanks for the tips. It will help us to guide better!

Here bellow is some pictures related to accessibility. 

I am taking care of this for disable. Here is the post in connect and my review on google maps related to my last visite to the Domaine de Sceaux.

20180318_112713 (2).jpg

I have also made this review here in connect and on google maps. On that day, after few minutes walk, I thought (local guides ;-)), this is not an activity for disabled.

Like an angel without noice, Jean appears. He his a local entrepreneur who has just launched a new activity. The swincars are like little electric buggies. This seems pretty cool for those who want to discover the area without getting tired. He also has a buggy for disabled. I have been so pleased to meet him. And straight away, I thought #Letsguide disabled ;-).

20180421_162234 (2).jpg 

See you

Jul

Level 7

Great! It's really helpful. 🙂

Level 1

Thank you, great information!

Level 7

Super helpful tips!!! I appreciateappreciate this post so much. 

My mother has severe rheumatoid arthritis & she uses either a walker or motorized chair to get around. Super low to the ground toilets are also a bother for her and sometimes she wants to avoid going out altogether because of the anxieties she goes through when going someplace newnew. This is why I love spending time on Google maps Before I go someplace. It helps rid of anxieties, or what should I expect when I arrive. Its so important to consider others with disabilities.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @AnnaDickson Thank you very much for useful tips.

I've translated this thread into Japanese in order to introduce the members of the Japanese board with using my photo and Streetview imageries.

アクセシビリティに関する写真を撮るコツ

All written in Japanese, but replying your comment or thought will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Toyo