MarkusKiili's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What program you use for making 360 Panos

@PatricL wrote:

Snapped this with an old D5200 as I've been waiting for the D7300 for a while now.

And that didn't happen, as the mongrels released a mutated mini D500 instead.

Guess it will do the job just as good, or better. 😉

Dynamic range is just unbelievable.

They just killed the D7x00 lineup with this camera, I hope it's for the best, as the old D7x00 was a very popular and liked camera.

Only time will tell....

Nice one! Crisp and clear!

Level 7

Thank you @LucioV, I just hate that you can't see the distance in picture, it's a 500m drop to the village below.

On the + side for FX, distance is more visible in a sphere. Or did I confuse everybody now?

And @MarkusKiili I forgot to mention that FX will have a shorter focus, actually quite a lot. This is why I use a DX camera.

I started with FX, but pretty fast turned back to DX.

Guess you can pick up a second hand D5300/D7x00 for less then nothing nowadays.

On the + side, you will have 72MP spheres.

In your line of work, I guess every pixel count, and if they are sharp, even better.

Just a suggestion.

Level 7

@MarkusKiili here is a nature photo with the 8mm.

As you might understand, the pixels becomes quite large pretty fast with a 8mm lens, but it keeps image below 50MP.

Focus is a bit fuzzy because of this, it's how google maps work.

If you want to go beyond 100-500MP per photo, I guess Kolor Panotour is your option.

I use it for pictures up to 1GP, takes forever to load, but when it's loaded, it gives a wow effect.

Level 7

Thanks for help @PatricL & @LucioV

I bought Samyang 12mm f/2,8 for FF camera and Autopanogiga. I got on very same day also Ricoh Theta S from Google for a month. Already I know, that I will not buy that for myself. 
Here is one of the first photos with Samyang https://www.google.fi/maps/contrib/100137527032790901866/photos/@67.5801998,24.2057331,3a,75y,27.37h...

Markus Kiili
Level 10

@MarkusK wrote:

Thanks for help @PatricL & @LucioV

I bought Samyang 12mm f/2,8 for FF camera and Autopanogiga. I got on very same day also Ricoh Theta S from Google for a month. Already I know, that I will not buy that for myself. 
Here is one of the first photos with Samyang https://www.google.fi/maps/contrib/100137527032790901866/photos/@67.5801998,24.2057331,3a,75y,27.37h...

Wow! Stunning result! I wonder what you will be able to do as soon as you start to know this lens better! 🙂

Level 7

Simply stunning......

Thank you for even mention my name. 😉

The Theta S is a tricky one, once you get control of it, you can't let go.

Hey, wait a minute, what's going on here?

10422 × 5000

What an odd resolution for a sphere?