thekasichana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

What are your tools?

Was taking my first picture at a restaurant and was just wondering, what phones or cameras do you have? 📲 

Plus, what editing software do you use for touching up?

Thanks in advance.. 😌

Kenya
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: What are your tools?

I would suggest practicing taking good pictures.. because one thing about editing tools and phones in general is they eat up a lot of power while computing the transformation of pixels.. So take good pictures with good tools e.g. polarizer filters to take out glare.. rather than fixing flaws later.

Practice makes perfect or pretty close to it.

View solution in original post

Level 10

I use an iPhone + with pixelamator for edit and halide for the camera app. Those are the main tools I use for LG, also a circular polarizer on the iPhone.

Other tools I have is a DxO One... and very rarely a Sony RX1 and a Nikon FX

Level 4

Hey there WestCoastCanuck, much thanks ... I use a HTC Desire 728, Halide is a great option for me.

Thanks for the physical camera options will check them out. 😁

@WetCoastCanuck wrote:

I use an iPhone + with pixelamator for edit and halide for the camera app. Those are the main tools I use for LG, also a circular polarizer on the iPhone.

Other tools I have is a DxO One... and very rarely a Sony RX1 and a Nikon FX

Level 10
Solution

I would suggest practicing taking good pictures.. because one thing about editing tools and phones in general is they eat up a lot of power while computing the transformation of pixels.. So take good pictures with good tools e.g. polarizer filters to take out glare.. rather than fixing flaws later.

Practice makes perfect or pretty close to it.

Level 4

And I will do just that, thank you again.

Level 5

Good job!

Connect Moderator

@thekasichana, great question. Personally, I use my iPhone 6 and just the filters that are part of Apple Photos app.  Here are some of my most recent photos that I have posted here on Connect, my social media channels and on Google Maps.  I take all my photos with just natural light.

At my favorite coffee bar and restaurant, SideboardAt my favorite coffee bar and restaurant, Sideboard

Lunch Today - Home cooked Chinese Beef Fried RiceLunch Today - Home cooked Chinese Beef Fried Rice

Valhrona Chocolate Croissant from SF's Ariscault BakeryValhrona Chocolate Croissant from SF's Ariscault Bakery

July 4th almost vegan meal a la  home-cooked Mexican FoodJuly 4th almost vegan meal a la home-cooked Mexican Food

Fresh Summer Fruit Tart, Whole Foods MarketFresh Summer Fruit Tart, Whole Foods Market

Local Guides has a YouTube Channel that you should subscribe to if you haven't already.  This month Local Guides' YouTube Channel has a "How to Photograph Food" series that showcases how to take the best food photos with what you have. 

Today's video showcases how to properly use your phone to take the best food photos.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 4

Thank you Karen... How has it been? Any  better pics? New apps you are using?