R4veZer0's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

What 360 camera do you use?

Hi! I'm looking to buy a 360 camera to connect to my android (HTC One M9) and thinking of buying the LG R105 and wondering what 360 equipments do you use for your 360 photography?

Singapore
2 comments
Level 8

Re: What 360 camera do you use?

I personally use the LG camera and have had good luck with it. Here's a list to some samples I shot with it.

I have seen a number of people complain about the camera and it's resolution  but for me, it works fine and customers are happy.

If the customer is happy, who am I to argue.
-
One thing I might add, is that this is a new and emerging field. I expect that withing 18 months, there will be a number of new/better cameras available, and that everything were using today will be outmoded. I would recommend that you buy what you need for your current needs, and a year or so from now, see what is new and maybe buy a second camera, keeping the LG for a backup/spare. I never go anywhere without backup equipment.

Level 10

Re: What 360 camera do you use?

I mainly use a DSLR (Nikon D500) + Sigma 8 mm on Nodal Ninja R10 + Kolor Autopano Pro for stitching Sometimes i shoot quick panos with my iPhone 7 I have a Ricoh Theta S that i don't use anymore, since I'm really disappointed about quality; I only use for 360 videos I've started to do drone panos, and I'm really satisfied with; resolution with DJI Mavic camera (12 Mpixel) is over 200 Mpixel for final image Some samples here:

1) DSLR pano, single shot, Lightroom corrected, published with gothru

2) Recent iPhone 7 quick pano

3) Old Ricoh Theta S pano

4) Recent drone pano