PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Want to improve photography for Maps? The “36” Walk.

@АхметК that's not why most people are a part of Local Guides - we do it to have a positive impact on the other users of maps and we in turn find a better maps experience because of other Local Guides.

Connect Moderator

@JonasKL I know almost nothing about Kenya so I'm really looking forward to seeing the shots from your walk. One of the most exciting aspects will be seeing people shots turning up on Maps and the socials.

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

I wish you all the best with your photographic journey @PamelaWoodward don't ever let anyone tell you a phone isn't good enough, the important bit is the human. Keep striving, photography will make you see the world differently, give it the opportunity and it the mundane will take on a new exciting appearance for you.

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: The "36" Walk

I've promised the team to load all the meetups @saifullahk but I'm happy if people want to load their own as well. We've had a couple of issues that I've been working through with Jess to help improve the meetup site to make it absolutely awesome for everyone.

Connect Moderator

It would be awesome to have Buffalo on board @ChrisNT3D looking forward to seeing shots from there!

Connect Moderator

Hi @BasitY you can do 360's if they excite you, Maps always needs more excellent 360's. The concept is to limit the number of shots and make those shots meaningful so as to contribute the best possible outcome for you and for Maps.

I use 360's myself and have made a series for a couple of local bushwalking trails. I find it difficult to create a meaningful composition when doing a series because the most important bit is to make them able to be joined together to make a continuous path. If you're talking 360's of local highlights or businesses then how you light the image is going to make a huge difference. Hiding your light sources so they don't get into the shot would be a big challenge. I look forward to your shots.

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

@YuriC Brisbane should be running but I've not ironed out all the involvement up there just yet. I know who will be doing it, one half of the couple is up for it but I'm still working on the other one. Wish me luck!!

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

Excellent @LucioV I look forward to your outcomes. I always find it hard to stay in the 36 myself too! Rome is a wonderful city, so much history combined with a contemporary vibrant lifestyle.

Connect Moderator

Hi @KAbhishek thanks for your question, any kind of photography that helps with your local Maps or just makes you happy is fine. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Sovon will you join in hosting a walk?