PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Want to improve photography for Maps? The “36” Walk.

Hola @MahmudPolash, puedes seleccionar el idioma en la parte superior derecha del lío seleccionar el idioma en que deseas ver el contenido del hilo.

te copio el contenido del hilo 36Photo

Introducing The "36" Walk, Constrain. Compose. Click.
In this wonderful digital age most of us tend to fire and forget and we know that we'll reap a few good shots in the end. We're encouraged in this behaviour because digital costs us only time.

Want to improve your photography?
Maybe you want to improve? Maybe you want to impose some restraint?

The "36" walk will help by limiting you to 36 shots during the walk. Film or digital, that's up to you but only 36. You will have to think about your composition, the light and the outcomes in advance before you hit that button. There are no "36" police to force you, but give it a go. You might be surprised at the outcome.

Consider and compose before you click.

You are encouraged to create a collection on your profile called The 36 2017 (or similar) and share all 36 of your images to it in separate posts. Consider explaining what attracted you to each scene if you would care to do so in the post for the image. Let's flood the internet with good photography.

#36photo #36photo2017 - posts shared with this tag will be reshared from this page after the walk into the 2017 collection.

History / Why
The "36" Walk is a photo geo walk which began in Melbourne in 2012 within the Photograph Melbourne community. It has run each year since then in various parts of Melbourne usually sometime in April.

The walk started because +Paul Pavlinovich realised that we are in a wonderful digital age but observed that his own photography was decreasing in quality and there seemed to be an emphasis on quantity instead. On discussing this with peers this seemed to be the general observation. This sparked the idea of The "36" where participants would be constrained as though they had a 36 shot film loaded.

The walk has been very successful locally with strong turn outs each year and participants achieving good outcomes. There are no 36 police so it's up to people to manage their own count and to be honest to themselves.

Paul generally shoots film on the walk but most of the participants stick with digital. There are even some who mix it up and do both.

Paul felt it was time to enlarge the scope of the walk to help people all around the world rediscover photography with constraints.

Join or host a "36" walk near you.

Joining a Walk
The walks registered by walk leaders will be available on this My Map https://goo.gl/zw7lyt

Host a Walk
If you wish to lead a walk anywhere in the world, you certainly may please complete this form to be included in the list and added to the My Map https://goo.gl/uaTb7S
Registered walks will be listed on this page along with the profile of the walk leader. You're free to promote your walk on any platform. Sharing the results to g+ and Google Maps where appropriate is encouraged but not mandatory.

This is a Local Guides Meetup. Local Guides, Powered by us.

Level 9

What a GREAT idea!! With the multiburst modes that Sony and co seem obsessed by it is really easy to go out shoot literally 1000's of shots. On one of the recent cameras I bought a Sony a6500 it has all gone a bit ridiculous. Quality and composition is very definitely where-it-is-at not quantity. Fantastic idea.
Level 10

Level 8

Good work man

Level 8

we really need to improve our knowledge..

tnx for sharing

Connect Moderator
Solution

Most of the these walks are on this weekend on 23rd April there are 27 cities to choose from on this MyMap if there isn't a city near you doing walk why not go out and do your own perhaps with a friend or two.

Share your images here, on Maps and on your favourite socials - use the tags localguides 36photo and 36photo2017

Connect Moderator

@MahmudPolash I've been mostly off line this week so my apologies for this late response, as @FaridTDF kindly informed you any camera you like. The idea is to take only 36 shots during your walk which will make you stop and think about your shots to try and capture the best for the time you're out.

You can join one of the 27 cities on the MyMap or do your own walk near you.

Level 3

📷🤔I had wrong person. Don't worry I won't bother you. I thought you were a different person.

Level 6

@PaulP wrote:

Hi,

I'm the supported moderator for Melbourne Local Guides and a passionate photographer who loves to mentor and teach. One thing we all have in common is that we never stop learning.

The Problem

When looking at images on maps I often see some absolutely amazing images, but I also see a lot of mediocre and even poor images which reflect poorly on the location.

How do we improve?

To try and improve this situation I've borrowed a photowalk that I run annually in my Photograph Melbourne community called The "36" Walk. This year with the encouragement of the Google Local Guides Team I've transformed this into a global event with confirmed participation in Melbourne, San Francisco, Brisbane and New York and likely participation in Sydney, Perth and several other cities around the world but we need more to make this truly have an impact on maps.

The concept of The "36" Walk is to eliminate the snap happy from our photos or clicks as many call them and introduce a sense of worth and deliberation by limiting how many images you can make during the photowalk. Why 36? It comes from the most popular film size of 35mm which generally came with 36 shots per canister of film. Since limiting myself my quality ceiling has gone up with more images that I'm happy with each time I go out.

Seeking Leaders

What I'm looking for right now is more people to host walks around the world in your local location on or about April 23rd. Anyone who can attract a group of people and is willing to organise and run an event and report back about it here on Local Guides Connect and in your own communities is welcome to apply.

You can find out more more information about The "36" Walk in general and can register as a walk leader via this form.

Each walk will be able to nominate several images from their walk to be featured on The "36" Page 2017 collection.

Local Guides need you to make this global walk successful because we need more cities to be involved. It does not matter how small or large your group is, if you can get some people together then join in.

Walkers

When the time comes, each of the walks will be shared on Local Guides Connect as an event that you can sign up for. Additionally the walk leaders are likely to share the event on other platforms to gather a greater momentum and to introduce new people to the Local Guides phenomenon.

This is a 36 walk that I've run previously in Melbourne, Australia.

pwalk36-2014-09-20_15.jpg 

Regards

Paul Pavlinovich

Good going dear

@PaulP wrote:

Hi,

I'm the supported moderator for Melbourne Local Guides and a passionate photographer who loves to mentor and teach. One thing we all have in common is that we never stop learning.

The Problem

When looking at images on maps I often see some absolutely amazing images, but I also see a lot of mediocre and even poor images which reflect poorly on the location.

How do we improve?

To try and improve this situation I've borrowed a photowalk that I run annually in my Photograph Melbourne community called The "36" Walk. This year with the encouragement of the Google Local Guides Team I've transformed this into a global event with confirmed participation in Melbourne, San Francisco, Brisbane and New York and likely participation in Sydney, Perth and several other cities around the world but we need more to make this truly have an impact on maps.

The concept of The "36" Walk is to eliminate the snap happy from our photos or clicks as many call them and introduce a sense of worth and deliberation by limiting how many images you can make during the photowalk. Why 36? It comes from the most popular film size of 35mm which generally came with 36 shots per canister of film. Since limiting myself my quality ceiling has gone up with more images that I'm happy with each time I go out.

Seeking Leaders

What I'm looking for right now is more people to host walks around the world in your local location on or about April 23rd. Anyone who can attract a group of people and is willing to organise and run an event and report back about it here on Local Guides Connect and in your own communities is welcome to apply.

You can find out more more information about The "36" Walk in general and can register as a walk leader via this form.

Each walk will be able to nominate several images from their walk to be featured on The "36" Page 2017 collection.

Local Guides need you to make this global walk successful because we need more cities to be involved. It does not matter how small or large your group is, if you can get some people together then join in.

Walkers

When the time comes, each of the walks will be shared on Local Guides Connect as an event that you can sign up for. Additionally the walk leaders are likely to share the event on other platforms to gather a greater momentum and to introduce new people to the Local Guides phenomenon.

This is a 36 walk that I've run previously in Melbourne, Australia.

pwalk36-2014-09-20_15.jpg 

Regards

Paul Pavlinovich

Level 8

@Corrie@I'm very happy amazing ide

Bannu local guide