PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Want to improve photography for Maps? The “36” Walk.

That is excellent @br14n I still shoot with film today, mostly I use digital but the old camera comes out to play from time to time. It is a lot of fun and is becoming trendy again which means more processors are starting to pop up.

Connect Moderator

Having another African city taking part would be awesome @RobAo

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

SoCal in the mix @JeannetteG that's fantastic, thanks. 

Connect Moderator

Excellent @ZedTransforms I look forward to your walk outcomes.

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Hi @NapoleonD growing your community is always difficult. Melbourne Local Guides started with a small dedicated core of people and don't be worried about a small community with small meetups. There are over 10,000 people on Melbourne Local Guides but most of our meetups are still small - we operate in partnership quite often with a photographic community which helps bring in some other faces. 

Work out a mission for your community - a reason for it to exist, something for people to join in with. Establish a small core group of people who share the common interest of Maps and mapping their area. Organise some group meetup events of different types (photowalk, meals, mapping missions) - over time you will attract attention and you will grow. Make sure you post your meetups on Maps Meetups and Local Guides Connect.

There is no magic or secret sauce, it just takes time and perseverance, if you chat with LG Community Manager @TraciC she'll certainly tell you that not only have I thought about throwing in the towel during a challenging time last year I did so. I came back from that with Traci's encouragement and support which I will be eternally grateful for (thanks TraciC you rock!) and now our community is again moving forward reasonably well, it still seems like Paul's bulletin board sometimes but our core of people have become good mates and we support each other a lot. The more you support and help each other the more people will find that your community is a safe and supportive place to be and they will join.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich I would love to, but the entire week I'll be busy for my final year exams... 🙂

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Connect Moderator

Que buenas palabras @PaulPavlinovich, el sentimiento es recíproco en relación a la participación de la gente, y es como tú indicas no receta mágica, solo es perseverancia y paciencia, y es verdad en ocaciones te da ganas de dejar todo, me pasó que me frustro mucho, en la Quedada que organice en Buenos Aires, de los 38 anotados no fue ninguno, fue frustrante 😤, pero bueno después de una semana retome el tema y seguí ahora veremos que paraticipacion tenemos con la 36photo2017-Ushuaia.

Que dicho sea de paso no tengo un feedback de que personajes mandaron la solicitud para participar.

saludos Farid.

Level 9

This is a fantastic Idea!

Look forward to implementing it locally in Nepal.

Thanks,

Saroj

Nepal Local Guides