davidcox's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Video For Map from Cell phone GPS Coordinates?

Are there embedded GPS coordinates in a video?  I know they are on pictures and can view them in light room. Do videos have same meta data when taken on a cell phone? If so are we better off geo tagging our videos before we post to maps.  My GoPro video would not have the coordinates or the Nikon shots, but wonder if it is better to add coordinates.  I am going to experiment with GoPro and a stabilizer to shot a video virtual tour of a location. This would be neat if you had the ability to link the videos like you do on maps with 360 videos.

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Video For Map from Cell phone GPS Coordinates?

Hi @davidcox Yes you can use XMP to embed GPS coordinates into a MP4 stream. Apparently youtube already supports location tag (reference) here. So we will just have to see if it will have the same effect as on Maps.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @davidcox Yes you can use XMP to embed GPS coordinates into a MP4 stream. Apparently youtube already supports location tag (reference) here. So we will just have to see if it will have the same effect as on Maps.

Level 9

@WetCoastCanuck  Thanks that is interesting. I just noticed the other day I uploaded a couple of 360 photos on street view app. It would select the listing correctly that I wanted to post to and on one that had multiple photos it even did an arrow to the next photo that was close enough and I had not tried to link them. The two photos were at least 20-30 feet apart. Does light room create XMP files?  I am going to try it. Would be neat to link in maps a group of 30-second videos around a location.